Nextcard bad news - Hey GEORGE!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

GEORGE,

You weren't the only one whose rate is going to (prime + 8.99%) effective August 15, 2001. Mine is too. I got the insert notifying me of this with my statement. My 6.9% teaser rate will end in August as scheduled.

I am going to try and negotiate something better with Nextcard but...

If I fail, I will never carry a balance with them from month to month. Just like Providian.

Actually, I really only ran up a balance on Cap One to show the high limit. Then I transferred that Cap One balance over to Nextcard to get the Nextcard $6,500 credit limit, as Nextcard offers choices to the consumer when they approve you. Therefore, this is a good time to pay off my credit card debts entirely.

Jim

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Next Card Update

GEORGE | 2206 posts since Mar 2000
    24.178.200.220 | 07.09.2001 @ 21:59

GOT MY BILL WITH AN EXTRA PIECE OF PAPER IN IT!!!!

TALKS ABOUT
    DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS 19.99%+
    DEROGATORY ACCOUNTS 23.99%+
    SERIOUSLY DELINQUENT ACCOUNTS 29.99%+

CASH ADVANCES FOR EVERYONE ELSE 24.99%+

I READ IT LIKE TWENTY TIMES...IT DOESN'T HAVE ANY INCREASE FOR ME AT THIS TIME
    UNLESS I DO A CASH ADVANCE...WHICH I WOULD NEVER DO!!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I copied what I already printed (07/09/01)...I DON'T SEE THAT THEY WERE TELLING ME THAT MY RATE WAS GOING UP...(I DON'T HAVE A DELINQUENT, DEROGATORY, OR SERIOUSLY DELINQUENT ACCOUNT)...

WE COULD CALL...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I did have to go back and reread the 35 posts on your original thread - to see that you and your wife's issues with Nextcard are somewhat different than mine.

But it does appear that Nextcard is using tactics designed to raise interest rates on customers.

Jim

4. mj

mj Well-Known Member

George -

I got the same insert- I think it's only talking about penalty rates (would have been nice of them to re-iterate what "your" regular purchase rate is on that same sheet!!!

-mj

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Nextcard will alway be subprime in my book! I have no plans of ever dealing with this company. I do understand that you gotta do what you gotta do though.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M KEEPING NEXT CARD AS LONG AS THEY DO NOT EXCEED THE 9.99% RATE...BUT MY WIFE'S NEXT CARD ACCOUNT IS PAID AND GONE BY AUGUST 15, 2001 SINCE THEY THINK SHE WILL BE STUPID ENOUGH TO PAY 18.99%!!!!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THIS IS THE LATEST E-MAIL TO NEXT CARD...SENT 07/09/01 NO RESPONSE YET!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SO YOU HAVE NO INTENTIONS
    OF GIVING ME THE ADVERTISED
    9.99% FIXED RATE, AND NO
    INTENTIONS ON REFUNDING THE
    $100.00 BALANCE TRANSFER FEE?
    IS THAT CORRECT?
    AND NO SUPERVISOR OR
    MANAGER WILL HAVE THE
    GUTS TO DO IT EITHER?

8. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

George, did the $100 BT fee show up on your online account? And wasn't it for transferring the balance OUT of your NextCard account? I am doing a BT from NextCard to a 0% teaser, and am just watching to see if they charge me a BT fee. If they do, I will close out the NextCard account....I don't need it anymore, even tho I have had decent luck with them so far.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$50.00 PER TRANSFER TO MY WIFE'S NEW NEXT CARD ACCOUNT...

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Greyfox,

In April, when I received a Nextcard Platinum account, I was NOT charged a BT fee to balance transfer to the teaser rate.

The problem is that I don't know what they are doing today.

I will tell you that their customer service is very friendly and easy to reach. I would suggest you call them. I had a telephone call with them today myself to open negotiations. I got nothing YET. But the rep was friendly and easy to reach.

Best regards - Jim

11. dave

dave Well-Known Member

When my rate went up to 9.99, I did not receive an insert in the bill. Instead, they sent me an email.