NextCard delay

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JB, Apr 10, 2001.

1. JB

JB Well-Known Member

On March 27, I applied online and was approved for a NextCard credit card. They mailed it out to me on the 29th.
    I have not recieved it yet. Today, I received the pin number for use on the card.

On the pin number paper, it said if you have not received your card yet to call a number immediately. I called the number and it was the lost and stolen account number. I listened to my options and hung up before talking to a rep.
    They would put a hold on my card or issue me a new card.

I am thinking that any day now I will get my card. I called over the weekend and verified my address that they mailed the card to. The guy said if I didn't get my card soon, meaning this week, to call back and they would cancel that card and issue me a new one.

I don't want the delay of waiting for a reissued card. How many days should I wait this week before calling the lost account number? Or am I being foolish and I should call them tonight?

Thanks

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

When I got mine it was on the far outside of their 10 business day waiting period.

3. JB

JB Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave! I am thinking I might wait until Saturday and then if I don't receive the card by then, I will contact NextCard. When I called NextCard Sunday night, my card had not been activated. So, nobody had stolen it.

I have not had any problem getting my properly addressed mail and my mailbox has a lock on it (apt. complex).

I will rest easier knowing that I have received the card safely.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

It must be activated from your home phone.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I once had a card show up 1.5 months after mailing...the POST OFFICE said it probably sat in an unused mail box...

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

JB,
    Noone can use your card until the card is activiated by you in your home phone. Don't worry about someone using your card and you will not liable for it.

Ron.

7. JB

JB Well-Known Member

Thanks guys for the reassurance about the late arriving Nextcard. I feel much better knowing that nobody can activate my card but me! I will just give Nextcard another week or so then decide whether to initate another card being sent to me.