NextCard holders...what's your APR?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PsychDoc, Sep 8, 2001.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

First, I realize NextCard sucks in so many ways. That said, I've got one with a $4,500 LOC and a purchase APR of 18.99% (a whopping 24.99% for cash advances). I'm wondering if anyone here has successfully negotiated for a lower NextCard APR? How did you do it, etc.? Thanks!

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MINE 9.99%
    WIFE 9.99% 3 MONTHS THEN 18.99%...IN SOCK DRAWER...

THEY WILL NOT NEGOTIATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THEY WOULD RATHER LOSE YOUR BUSINESS THAN GIVE YOU THE 9.99% ADVERTISED RATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...DISCOVERCARD...I REFUSE TO USE THE CARD TILL THEY GIVE ME $5,500 CREDIT LINE INCREASE THEY NEVER GAVE ME FOR 5 YEARS...IT IS NOW UNUSED SINCE 07/27/2001...(ALSO IN SOCK DRAWER).

(NEXT CARD) I WOULD REALLY LOVE TO KNOW HOW THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE MORE MONEY @ 18.99% ON $0.00, THAN THEY WOULD MAKE @ 9.99% >$10,000???

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

mine was originally 10.49, they raised it to 16.49. I called up and the CSR told me she was allowed to drop the rate down to 12.49 apr.

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Mine has been 12.99% since I opened the account in March...have kept the balance down so I can pay it off if it ever goes up. I was told a couple of months ago to call in Sept. for an interest rate decrease, but am waiting until after I get my statement to make sure the rate hasn't gone up to make the call.

5. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: NextCard holders...what's your

Are there any socks left there?

Saar

6. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

Mine was 21.99% after the 3 month intro of 12.99%. Pretty sad, considering all my other credit cards have interest rates under 14.5%. I dumped their card, and will never do business with them again.

7. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Mine started at 18.99% and has stayed there. But, they gave me a card when I had about $60,000 in outstanding debt on other cards and was totally maxxed out. No one else would.

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Mine was 6.9% apr for 3 months then went to 15.99% variable with a $6,000 line..Wifes was much higher..They also hit me 50.00 for that balance transfer fee and a $29.00 over limit fee as well..I called they took the over limit fee off because they charged me the bt fee late (second statment)..Also i didnt remember anything saying they were going to charge me that rate..Now i owe them $0 and tried to get the apr lowered to a fix rate and they wont budge a bit..I told them thats ok i will keep the card incase of emegincy and thats it..Don't really like them much

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT AMAZES ME IS THAT THEY ADVERTISE ALL OVER THE PLACE 9.99% NO BT FEE!!!

But they said in my wife's case, that was not offered...SO THEY SAY!!!

THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE "TONS" OF $$$$$$ ON THE BALANCE OF $0.00!!!!!