NextCard - How does it rate?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Toothman, Apr 28, 2001.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: website with cards and scores..

Just did the 123debt. com credit score quiz. They have me at 705. I pulled my Beacon yesterday and it was listed at 655.

Might be close as I have charge-off dispute going with EQ and a new cc that is too new to rate.

Best regards,
    Sam

2. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Sounds like Juniper either wants your first born or a body part.

In all fairness 123debt.com should not lure people with this stuff, as people on this site with high scores are denied by Juniper thinking that a score in the high 600's and up are good enough.

Best regards,
    Sam

3. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

I've never had any problems with the card. I've had the card since it was instituted 3+ or 4+ years ago. I know then that they were highly selective--high FICO and no negs of any kind. Now that they've gotten a higher market share they are willing to take a bit more of a risk. My understanding is that if you have A or B level credit and no recent derogs, you'll likely qualify for some card.

4. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I got lucky and was approved by Juniper with Qspace score 684 in Dec.2000.

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I was denied by Nextcard for ALL of Nextcard's products last March 2001.

The only derog is my bk-13 (completed in 8/00).

So Nextcard standards are still high as my FICO last month was 645.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

My score was 685 with (1) derrog- a Ch7 discharged in 95 (no consumer debt included, lots of positives dating back to '87).

They gave me a choice of 5k limit w/o xfers, $6k w/$3k in xfers, and $10k w/$5k in xfers. I took the $10k and after 8 months, they raised it to $12k.

It's prime + .49, so I gotta tell 'ya - it looks SWEET to see it at 7.,49% right now! It's my lowest APR (outside of Chase, who can't seem to stop offering me new 'intro' rates every time the last one expires).

I agree that sometimes the online information is just plain screwey - finance charges don't post, credits appear on the paper statement without appearing online, etc.

My biggest "beef" is that they refuse to accept online EFT payments -- even from Paytrust, who they try to sell everyone on as "NextCard Billcetner."
    Every time I electronically pay them- it goes through as a paper check and takes them 7-10 days to process.

I understand WHY this happens - they use FirstData for all processing (payments, authorizations, and customer service telephone reps.). That also explains why sometimes the rep you talk to is a little "clueless"... they don't directly work for NextBank.

Overall- it's a good card with very competitive rates. I like Amex for customer service more - and use them anytime that I may need 'help' - online purchases, travel, things that may break or come down in price (best value guarantee and purchase protection).

Best,
    mj

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

toothman,
    I had Nextcard Visa for over two years and I didn't have ny problems so far. They posted my paymnets ontime by paying on-line. They approved me $1000 when I had a couple of charge-off accounts. They increased my credit limit to $11,800 recently and I didn't get any rewards points from them. They report to the all credit bureaus monthly and helped to rebuild credit for you.

Ron.