NextCard - how long for delivery?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, May 18, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I applied for NextCard on April 23 and was approved (saw acct # info on-screen on April 25). On May 2, my bal xfer showed up on Citibank. I called on the 10th to find out my statement date and whether the card had been sent out, and the rep told me my statement closes on May 25, and the card was sent on May 2. I wasn't too sure about that because I didn't pick out my picture card until May 1st, but I figured I'd wait and see. Well, my statement closed on the 15th, not the 25th, and still no card. I went ahead and made a payment using Click Pay; I wonder if that will work correctly.

I'm a little perturbed about how they handled the transfer. In order to get my limit, I had to transfer $6K. I originally put in Office Depot, Discover, and Citi, but then realized they would charge me $50 EACH, so I had it changed to do only Citibank. The person who I spoke with told me yes, I would be charged three transfer fees. Imagine my surprise when there was NO fee charged at all. If I had known that, I would have left it the way it was.

Anyway, back to the original question :) For those of you who have this card, how long did you have to wait before you got your card? Did you choose the standard card or picture card? Thanks...

2. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

12 days for me and not picture card.they never charge BT fee on me.

3. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I got instant online approval. It took about 10 days to get a custom card. I did an immediate balance transfer that went through in about 3 days. Of interest, my first bill came the day before my card did.

4. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

It took about 2 weeks for me to get the card. No picture and no balance transfer.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

JaquiG:

May I ask you.. What is your new credit limit ?

6. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Geo, my limit is $9K. Got a 9.9% for 3 months, goto 18.99!!! PUHLEEZE! Balance will be transferred back to Citi before that happens.

oh yeah, no-one ever called me to verify my info.