Nextcard increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Karen, May 14, 2001.

1. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

I recently got approved for Nextcard with a $4000 limit provided I do an immediate balance transfer of $2000 (which I did). The purpose of the nextcard was to pay off the high interest balance on my Citicard. That was two months ago. I would like to call Nextcard and ask them to increase my credit limit so I can transfer more of my Citi balance to it. Is it too soon to do so? Or, as I expect, will they do it because I am willing to transfer a balance? My credit is good but I have high balances on my cards.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You have on-line access.

Click on the "MAIL BOX" and send them a note to request a credit line increase. They usually respond in 48 hours or so.

I HAVE USED THE ON-LINE BALANCE TRANSFER MANY TIMES.

PHONE ACCESS IS A LITTLE "IFFY".

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Karen,

Let us know how this turns out. I just got a Nextcard and did a B/T. It had not occured to me that I may be able to get a limit increase by offering to B/T again in a few months.

Thanks

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Karen,
    When you request the credit line increase, you cannot request the specific amount of credit that you need. They increased the amount of the credit line depends on your account history and your credit history. You knew the results of your credit line increase within 48 hours. I asked them two times increase within six months and they approved it.

Ron.

5. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comments. I just made an online payment and when it clears my bank, I will try for an increase. I will let you know what happens.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NEXT CARD ALREADY ANSWERED ME...CREDIT LINE INCREASE ANSWER 24-72 HOURS...

NEXT DAY SERVICE...PRETTY GOOD...COUNTING THE MINUTES TILL 72 HOURS IS OVER...

4320 MINUTES...

:)

7. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

George

Let me know how it works out for you. I am going to wait until Friday before I ask for an increase. My first payment just cleared the bank.

8. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

Just guessing, but if you agree to apply all of your increase to a balance transfer, that means that they can immediately start charging you interest. I would think this would make it more likely that they will increase your limit. Let us know what happens. If it works, I have a citi balance I would like to get rid of.

I'm curious, what do the regulars think of this? I am close to being maxed out on my cards and sure could use some more credit. Was recently turned down for Jupiter.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

JUNIPER IS A JOKE...