Nextcard increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, May 18, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Anyone have the card long enough to get a feel for what/ how often they give them???

2. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

They will increase your limit every 4 to 6 months if you qualify.I got Nextcard last Feb and had three increases so far;$3,000 in July ,2000(had to transfer $1,000 from other cards),$1,500 in Nov,2000 (auto increase) and $2,000 on May 9,2001.My friend also has a Nextcard and opened in Feb ,2000.But she never gets limit increase because she never carrys balance and seldom uses the card.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

THANKS! Did you request the increases or did you get them automatically? I'm hoping they'll really do it automatically.

Also, you guys have mentioned how they really push balance transfers. Have you had to pay a fee? Mine has a 2 percent surcharge, so I haven't moved my balances to Nextcard. I have used my Cap1 accounts instead.

4. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

One increase was automatically.So far I made about 7 balance transfer and they didn't change me any fee.

5. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

change----charge

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

If you don't mind me asking... what was your starting credit line?

I got great terms except that balance transfer 2% thing. Other than that, the card is prime in terms :)

I was going to do a balance transfer but b/c of that surcharge I wouldn't really save any money. I've only had the card four months now...

7. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

It was $3,000.

8. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I got my card last month so I have had it six weeks. I got $4,000 and was required to make a $2000 transfer from another card. I paid my first bill last week and then asked for a credit line increase, promising to apply any increase to a transfer. I thought this would encourage them to give it to me. I got a form email the next day saying no credit line increase for six months.