nextcard payment posting slowl

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by renee, Apr 16, 2001.

1. renee

renee Guest

Has anyone here had any experience with nextcard payments taking 5 or 6 days to post to your account and be credited? I have made 2 clickpay payments. The funds are taken from my checking account within 2 days, but the funds are not being made available to me until 2 or 3 days later.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: nextcard payment posting s

THERE IS PROBLEMS WITH THE NEXT CARD WEB SITE...THEY ARE NOT IN THE MOMENT...THE WEB SITE IS 72+ HOURS LAGGING IN TIME...

F.Y.I. VOICESTREAM WIRELESS IS THE SAME WAY...YOU CALL WITH A PAYMENT, THEY CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD, BUT THE PAYMENT SHOWS UP 3 OR 4 DAYS LATER. ALSO YOU CAN'T SEE HOW MUCH YOU OWE (ON-LINE) UNTIL 3 OR 4 DAYS AFTER THE BILL CLOSES.

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

renee,
    I don't have any problems with Nextcard clickpay payments. I've been using on-line payment for almost two years and they posted my payment swithin two or three days. It usually take that long to post payments for most banks. It's must faster than you mail in your payments.

Ron.

4. renee

renee Guest

Well, I also have an account with Capital One. They credit my payment at midnight if I get the opayment in before noon and it is available to me right then.

This deal with nextcard has kept me from renting a car and has ruined my Easter weekend plans!Also, their customer service is not available on the weekends.I wish that I had known this earlier.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When going on vacation, I use the four card method...

USE CARD A to sign out the rental car.
    USE CARD B to register at the hotel.
    USE CARD C for everything else.
    USE CARD D to pay final bill for hotel and car rental.

ALL HOLDS WILL COME OFF IN 10 DAYS...
    IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH CARDS, OR YOU HAVE HIGH ENOUGH CREDIT LIMITS, YOU CAN DO THIS WITH TWO CARDS...(ALWAYS HAVE A BACK-UP).

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

renee,
    Different Bank got different apyment posting policy.For example, Discovercard post my payment to my account same day if you make payment on-line before 1:00p.m. ET.and other bank like my AT&T Universal,GMCard took up to three days to credit my account. It is shorter to pay through the snail mail and it took up to a week to get there. I never had a problems to go overlimit of my Nextcard since they gave high limit to my card. I got some other cards to use in the meantime. I didn't know they closed on the Easterweekend and I'm sorry they runied Easter hoilday.

Ron.

7. renee

renee Guest

Thanks for the info guys. Spending Easter in the house all day was not fun, but I learned a lesson.