Nextcard Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by S.D., Feb 28, 2001.

1. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Maybe this is a dumb question, but I don't want to apply for something that won't use. Is Nextcard only for purchases online or is it versatile just like any other visa? I don't do a lot of online purchasing, so if this is only for the internet I won't be applying...

By the way, is this card fairly easy to get (tha package with decent terms)?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I believe you can use it anywhere. As for easy to get, I really don't think so. They denied me awhile back .

Mom

3. Larry

Larry Guest

Re: Nextcard Answer

It works like your other regular cards (Visa/MC). I was able to obtain a $500 unsecure NextCard with only a Cap1 which was a yr old. I applied online - instant approval - In June I plan to do a product transfer with hopefully a lower apr, higher limit.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Their reason for denial. Length of credit history, I had one account 2+ years and one other 18+ months, no negatives.

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll pass. =0) I shouldn't even be thinking about adding inquiries to my reports, but sometimes it's so tempting to apply!

6. Eboni

Eboni Guest

i got a NextCard and my credit is less than desirable.

They have a new subprime line. If you apply you will probably get accepted. This guy at my job with horrible credit got a card. He hadn't had any credit in 4 years since his divorce.