Nextcard Question.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mirage, May 13, 2001.

1. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I recently applied for a Nextcard cc in March of 2001. I was denied but I finally reveiwed my denial letter. Nextcard pulled TU

Three denial reasons are listed.

1. A comment or public record indicates an account not paid as agreed.

2. Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high.

3. Delinquent credit.

Here is my question-

Denial #1- I have a bk-13 listed on my CRA but is that what the comment or public reason denial is all about? I have not been late in any of my tradlines since I filed my bk.

Denial #2- I have taken steps to lower my ratio (did not know that Cap 1 does not report cl, so it appears that I have been over my limit)

Not sure what denail #3 is really about.

I have three derogs on my TU that are bk related but the way TU has it reported- two are charge-offs and the third is listed as "maximum delinquency of 60 days occured in 12/1995). The TU report does not mentioned that the 3 derogs are bk related.

Any input would be apperciated, as I would like to see if this is a matter of my bk holding things up or what.

Best regards,
    Sam

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

What is your most recent delinquent account?

3. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Sam,

Now you know why I hate Crap0ne. I closed both accounts I had with them because of that very issue. They could care less about customers only themselves.

Sean

4. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Dave LV - looks like the Citibank one has a charged off date of 10/1995 (with a past due amount of $26,000!- typo by TU as it's only $2600.00) Verfied by TU in 10/2000

These 3 derogs were all closed right before my filing for bk.

Sean- Cap 1 is my olest tradline and the only cc that I have that is older than 1 year. So after reading this board about Cap 1, I will run the balance up and pay off the balance.

(Mr. Miller has gotten me a hefty increase and unsecured my account as well).

Best regards,
    Sam

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Sam I'd expect that typo is killing you.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Are you telling me that a typo in my TU report is killing me?

Citibank Visa- Balance $2600, Past Due $26,000.00, credit limit $4300.00

Best regards,
    Sam

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Yeah. I got Nextcard with more negatives on my report than you have. But I don't have nearly that much past due. I'd suspect that since their approval system is automated it cannot look at that and figure it's a typo.

8. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

DaveLV- I guess the problem I have is that these 3 derogs look like they are independent of my bk-13.

While in reality the three 3 derogs are part of my bk-13.

Best regards,
    Sam