nextcard secured

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joe, Mar 16, 2001.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

i applied online for nextcard and this time it came back and said i was approved for nextcard summit visa (secured) $700 limit with 59.95 setup fee and annual fee waived. after approval i called them and they said limit would be $850, an extra 150 to cover the fees 59.95 setup and 89 annual fee. on approval the screen said i qualified for the classic upgrade and that the annual fee would be waived. nextcard is telling me now that there is an annual fee. seems screwed up to me and now they want me to fax a copy of the screen to correct. does anyone have this card. how are they are unsecuring the card and raising the limit

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I have the regular card 9.99% no annual fee.

3. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Joe,

I have the nextcard platinum 9.9%, no ann. fee...I actually like the card, no problems. However, I talked to AnnMarie earlier and she had the same fiasco you had...by the way, I have a dear friend down the road from you in Mt. Vernon, KY....Small world..take care.

Sean

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I apply for NextCard two years ago when I still have some charge-off accounts in my credit report.They approved me $1000 Nextcard classic cards with 19.8% and no annual fee. Two years ago, they don't have any secured Visa and they just give me a classic NextCard Visa. For the past two years, they increase my credit line from $1000 to $9800 and lowered my interest rate 19.8% to 9.9 fixed APR. One thing they haven't change is still classic NextCard Visa. They can't upgrade my card into Platinium. I don't care about that much because I have some other platrinium from other banks. That only card give me purchases and cash advances fixed 9.9%. I don't have any problems so far with them for the past two years.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: joe..

If you didn't click on the "classic upgrade" logo, then you agreed to take the "secured Summitt" card. These are two different produced. The Classic Upgrade is an unsecured card, with the terms displayed on the screen before you clicked it. The other terms are for the sumitt card (100% deposit matching) which sucks much ass.

You don't want the summitt secured card.