NextCard Success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by greyfox, Jul 6, 2001.

1. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

As I posted earlier here, I was going to try for a CL increase in July....I called them the other day, and today found out they increased my limit by 50% from $3000 to $4500!

I opened the account in March, and have used it quite a bit, making purchases and balance transfers, then have transferred balances of $1000 or so to other cards with lower rates. I transfer my Providian balance to NextCard, then to a teaser offer, and this shows as a lot of good activity on NextCard (and Providian).

They also sent me a check last month, good for up to my credit limit at the Purchase rate, not the cash advance rate, with no fee for using the check.

When I talked to them the other day, I asked about the interest rate being increased (as it was for George's wife) and they assured me my purchase rate had not been increased but I would receive a notice that my cash advance rate has. I don't do cash advances with them, anyway. I never got the famous 9.9% rate, nor a teaser. My account has always been a fixed 12.99% for purchases and BTs.

I plan to call again in a couple of months and ask for a lower interest rate, no luck on that this time.

So far, I don't have any gripes about NextCard, and would recommend it.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Greyfox,

I read your Nextcard posts here and to GEORGE with a lot of interest.

On Thursday, I had a polite conversation with a Nextcard rep. ( I got her name). I asked for a CL increase and a dreduction of apr. when my teaser rate expires in 30 days. She said that the computer does not allow her to offer me anything as I am on the teaser rate.

However, she made notes and said that she would forward them to her supervisor. The supervisor was to call me back yesterday or today (Friday) to discuss the matter. I never received a call.

I noticed that you told GEORGE that you are to hear about another CL increase by Monday.

Who is supposed to call you back - a rep? or a supervisor?

Nextcard has until Tuesday to call me or I am going to write a letter of complaint to the Nextcard Executive office. Nextcard is unaware of my plans.

You have had good luck with Nextcard. Give me your thoughts. BTW, I got the card in April and have heavily used it just like you.

3. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

[

I noticed that you told GEORGE that you are to hear about another CL increase by Monday.

Who is supposed to call you back - a rep? or a supervisor?

Nextcard has until Tuesday to call me or I am going to write a letter of complaint to the Nextcard Executive office. Nextcard is unaware of my plans.

You have had good luck with Nextcard. Give me your thoughts. BTW, I got the card in April and have heavily used it just like you. [/B][/QUOTE]

Jim, I was supposed to call them, I guess...what happened is that I went online and saw that my credit line had been increased(by the amount available), but since I had some charges and balance transfers in transit, couldn't tell how large the increase was. I am pleased with a $1500 (50%) increase after only 4 months. I will pursue an interest rate decrease as my next project with NextCard.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Greyfox,

That is an important distinction that you were supposed to call them back. Also, I was a little too harsh with that Tuesday deadline. After all, it is a holiday week. I actually plan to telephone them Tuesday morning and see what's happening. Any letter writing will be subsequent to that.

In fairness, the rep. I spoke to was very nice and I really believe that Nextcard reps can only do what the computer permits.

Congrats on the increase and thanks for posting. So far I like Nextcard too.