NextCard Verification

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jan 11, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

I guess it wasn't enough that NextCard contacted me at home to verify my information. I guess they weren't satisfied that I am who I am. Got an e-mail today. They were unable to verify my identity, so they can't process my application until I send in Current home and work phone Numbers, Social Security card, Original current Paystub and an original current phone bill with physical residence and home phone number.
    Wow-I guess I won't be getting that one. I don't need their card that bad. Infact, I don't need it at all. It only cost me one inquiry. This is the one I got an on-line approval for $3500.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY OPINION...I wouldn't send original anything, send copies. If they lose them they can't send them back, and you can't re-copy them if you don't have them!!!

I WOULD CALL AND ASK THE REASON(S)...

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

The rep on the phone was really wierd. She kept asking me if I was sure I didn't have any other cards after I answered her questions. I only have 2 cards, both new and they wouldn't appear on the credit reports yet anyways. I told her I was AU on one card that is on my report. I'm not sending them anything. I answered the phone, they asked for me by name. If talking to me on the phone wasn't enough, they can stuff it. Discover didn't ask for anything other than my application on-line and didn't call to verify anything. I got a 6K limit with them and 2K from Capitol one. And various new store cards. They are the only ones that called. Besides Aria, they called to verify and I told them I didn't want the card after all. The card came in the mail the same day. I called and cancelled it. What is the point in paying an $89 annual fee for a card I was only going to use build credit with. Discover will do that for me for free.