Nextcard, What A Joke!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eviljeeba, May 29, 2001.

1. eviljeeba

eviljeeba Well-Known Member

After seeing all the great advertisements from Nextcard, I finally decided to apply.

Well, I applied online and got approved for a $300 credit limit and with a $300 security deposit.

Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed and sent them a email requesting that they rescind my application. Yeah right, another inquiry!

My FICO score is in the high 600's and I already possess a Citibank plat and AMEX gold and so on...

Are they full of it or what?

Has this happened to anyone else?

So much for trying to rollover to a card with an APR of 9.9%

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WIFE'S F.I.C.O. 732...9.99% FOR 3 MONTHS WITH A "GO TO" 18.99%

MY F.I.C.O. 690...MY NEXT CARD 9.99% FIXED...

THEY ARE LACKING IN THE CLUE DEPARTMENT.

3. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

What did they say were the reasons for the low limit and the secured card?

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Reasons are very important, credit changes so fast.
    Did a balance transfer of 8k back in Dec of 99 with NextCard at 9.99%. Initial credit line of 10k, raised to 12k, still at 9.99%. With established Citibank and AMEX, seems like a very weak offer. Too many inquires, Too much available credit being used, credit history too new, etc.

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I also applied yesterday. the upgrades were all for a Visa classic .
    1)$2300 limit , 2)$2800 limit with a $500 transfer 3)$4200 limit with a 2k transfer 9.9 intro for three months and then prime+10.9% or more, no anual fee.

I declined the offers due I already have a Platin BofA with a 6k limit and 8.9% for balance transfer until paid in full. and 2 citi with 9k each

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I applied for Nextcard first time and I got denied because debt to income ratio and charge-off accounts. After 6 months, I re-applied again and I got approved $1000 with Indtroductory rate 8.9% and after six months 17.9%.
    I got increased within two years from $1000 to 11,980 with APR 9.9 % fixed. I heard that NextCard is tough to approve credit even you have a good credit history. Why don't you try Bank Of America 9.9% fixed APR? It may easier than NextCard and they have instant -approval on their websites.

Ron.