nextcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eddie, Sep 23, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

I know these guys have been criticised heavily here but I havent had much problems. (other than an ar inquiry on Eq that somehow showed up as hard.) Anyway yesterday my limit was increased from 6500 to 10k. No request, no hard inquiry, it just appeared, I think thats pretty cool since Ive only had the card 5 months.

2. sylvesp

sylvesp Active Member

You can exptect to have your credit limit raised by 2000$ every 5 months.
    It already "happend" twice to me :)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'm 1/2 happy with NEXT CARD...mine is still 9.99% NO BT FEE...

BUT wife's was 9.99% then 18.99% and $50 BT...(NOT ADVERTISED)...THEY PULLED THE TERMS OUT OF THE AIR!!!

Her F.I.C.O. is 37 points higher than mine.

4. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

My service was good, but I refused the 21.9% interest rate. That is just too high on a card with a $2,000 limit. I decided to cancel mine, and I got a Chase Platinum.

5. daveberk

daveberk Well-Known Member

I opened my account in January. Limit 9K. Received a 2K increase in the fourth month. APR started at .049 + prime but was raised to 9.99 fixed.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Some others on this board had the variable rate...when the PRIME was dropping too much NEXT CARD put ours back up to 9.99% fixed...

9.99% is ok, although there are better rates now that PRIME is 6.00%...

7. mj

mj Well-Known Member

I wonder what they're up to ...

My partner couldn't get a limit increase for anything, then 5 months ago, poof, + $1000 out of the blue.

Just checked today, BIG POOF, +$4,500, also out of the blue.

I guess they just did their quarterly re-scoring on the portfolio.

I'll hound them about lowering APR now...
    mj

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHO KNOWS???

I always ask for a (NO CREDIT REPORT) credit limit increase every 4-5 months and get it...
    I forgot the NO CREDIT REPORT part and was denied...then the following month I got $2,000...GO FIGURE...

9. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

Well, gee I hope that my request for an unsecured card works.

10. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

This may be a stupid question, but are these increases coming mid-cycle or at your statement closing date?

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When THEY feel like it...THIS IS THE SAME COMPANY WHO GAVE MY WIFE WITH A
    F.I.C.O. OF 741 AN INTEREST RATE OF 9.99% 3 MONTHS "GO-TO" 18.99% $50.00 PER BT....

12. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

My increase came on the 21st of the month and my next statement will not close until the 5th of next month.