Nextcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AZMDX, Jan 21, 2001.

1. AZMDX

AZMDX Guest

Please let me know the experiences, interest rate and credit limits that you have with Nextcard. I got approved on-line for a 8500.00 limit at 16.9%. I never carry balances but I think the rate is high for my excellent credit. Any comments will be appreciated.

George

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Hi George,
    I was approved on-line for $3500. If you read through previous posts, I was denied because they say they couldn't verify my information after they called me at home and picked my application apart item by item. I was to send copies of my phone bill, current pay stub, my current address and my first born child to be reconsidered for their card. I was approved hassle free for Discover Platinum and Bank Of America Gold both with much higher limits. Nextcards interest rate was higher than both of these. I chose not to comply with their request. This has also happened to a few others on this board.

3. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

they approved me for a $700.00 limit and a 23% apr,I turned it down. I already had providian with a 23% apr, and capone 19% I didnt want another high interest rate card.

4. Tony

Tony Guest

I was approved for $11,000 with 9.99 apr. I had to transfer $7000 to get that offer.

5. hd

hd Guest

I, too, was approved for $9k instantly with balance transfers. Then after calling me at home they claim they could not verify my information and retracted the offer. No thank you to Nextcard. And yes, I too received better offers from Citibank Platinum, Juniper, American Express and Universal Card.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$6,000 with balance transfer, five or six months later increased to $8,000 (request by E-MAIL).
    9.99% FIXED.

different GEORGE

7. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Well, that explains why she kept asking me if I was SURE I didn't have any other cards. That rep had me wondering if I did and didn't know about it. Glad I didn't go for it now, if thats the way they do business. Guess we'll just check them off as not to be trusted.

8. David

David Well-Known Member

i was approved for $3500.00
    And they even charged me 9.95 for stupid picture card.

9. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Did anyone call you to verify?

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.Y.I. nobody has EVER called me to verify any application in 23+ years...

BUT, I have been denied JUNIPER, CITIBANK (TWICE), and CAPITALONE in the past six months...

:(

I guess I am not going to "apply" for anything, even "SOLICITATIONS" mailed to me...

11. john

john Well-Known Member

I got approve for $20,000 with Nexcard they never call to verify anything about 2 weeks later i got the card.9.9%

John

12. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Getting Nextcard with BK?

Has anyone with a BK gotten the NextCard?
    Are they approving those with damaged credit?

Are we considering this a "prime" card?

I would like to apply, but am not sure with my 92 Bk.

Thanks

chet

13. Greg

Greg Guest

I was approved instantly for $6000 with 9.9% fixed APR. They called about 4 days later to verify balance transfers. Card arrived about two weeks later.

14. Anon

Anon Guest

Was approved 6 months ago with 8k limit @ 12.99 and Chapter 7 in '91. Limit increased to 12k 4mos later. B/K now off CRAs, asked for the 9.99 apr and got it.

15. Laura

Laura Guest

Approved for $5000 with balance transfer got the ongoing 9.9% APR. They however did call and ask EVERY single question of my application again, maybe two more times. I was getting aggravated, but kept answering. Got my card in the mail today.

16. AZMDX

AZMDX Guest

Thank you, everyone. I think that I will keep it and request a 9.99 ongoing rate in a few months.

George

17. mj

mj Well-Known Member

RE: Getting Nextcard with BK?

Approved for a $10k limit (w/5k in xfrs) with a '95 BK (no negs. on my report, just the BK entry).