Nextcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Desmond, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Desmond

Desmond Guest

Is this a subprime or prime card? I see that they have about 5 diffrerent cards. Are they easy to get?

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

They have prime cards but several months ago introduce other subprime and secured cards. I think you have to have pretty good credit to qualify. I am in the process of rebuilding and my scores have increased some but I was turned down and they didn't even offer me a secured card which I wouldn't have taken anyways. So, unless your reports are fairly clean I wouldn't apply.

3. Desmond

Desmond Guest

To LKH RE: Nextcard

So if a person have filed BK you wouldn't advise them to apply.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

RE: To LKH RE: Nextcard

I would say unless your bk is several years in the past and everything has been A-1 perferct since, then possibly? No guarantees.

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Apply... then call and upgrade

I got a card w/only 750 but the intro of 6.99 and fixed of 16.9. I'm 2 years out of bk7 w/not 8 active trade lines (750-5600) and all perfect. It was the first card I'd applied for in about 7 months. Got the approval online! :) I originally got some standard package but I called up before my card even arrived and asked questions about the terms (my browser nosedived right after I hit the accept button on the offer) so I called to confirm everything got processed.

By then, my card was in the system and the guy asked me if I wanted an upgrade since I'd only accepted the standard package. strange. I know I went from about 23% down to 16% (original rate quoted was 23 or so). I still keep looking for the catch but can't seem to find it. they didn't charge me anything for the upgrade and they really did do it. 6.99 intro was great! No annual fee either! Once I get the line of credit up I'll keep this card.

Oh, the guy told me that during the first 30 days of having the card you can call in and see if there are any upgrade offers available for you. But if you call on day 31, forget it. Very professional csr, by the way.

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi marie. Did Nextcard indicat

you will required to submit proof of income etc. to them before you get the card?

7. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

No proof for me

but I have seen a lot of other posts requesting a lot of verification. I have absolutely no clue what makes the difference.