Nice AMEX Rep Called Today

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Nov 7, 2000.

1. Killer

Killer Guest

The AMEX rep who was trying to get my Secured Optima app processed called me today! I thought that was awfully nice of him. He apologized and said he couldn't make it happen. He told me the new secured card product is definitely in the works. He made sure I had his name and phone number and said to call him if I needed to. Now wasn't that great! I will definitely be ready when the product is introduced.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Who knows Killer.....maybe the new secured product might be 10 times better than the Optima! You would have to assume that it would be way better. Maybe they were receiving too many complaints about not reporting and not turning unsecured after xx months. Maybe us secured Optima carriers on this board might jump ship??? I just hope Am/Ex does this secured program some justice!

That was hella nice of the Rep to call you like that. I guess now I can pay my $1200 Am/Ex bill with a twinkle in my eye knowing that it really is a pleasure doing business with Am/Ex! ;-D

3. niecy25

niecy25 Well-Known Member

Please keep this us informed. I too missed out and I don't want to miss out on this one. That would be so cool if it was a secured "blue"

4. Killer

Killer Guest

Do you know what the outcome of the DOJ vs. VISA/Mastercard? I haven't heard anything. Anyway during the hearings VISA/MasterCard accused AMEX of shutting out people who didn't have perfect credit. I am thinking that AMEX could possibly responding to this accusation by developing a new super product that rocks the sub-prime world! GO AMEX!

I think that they are a great company. The reps were nice and helpful. If I am reading your post correctly, they gave you a secured card although you owed money. Does Citibank, Chase, Cap1, Prov, or any others do the same thing without placing the balance on your new account?

5. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: Secured Optima

Now you all know I'm part of the pro-Amex group here in this board <grin>.

And yet, I really don't see the value in a secured card that doesn't report to the bureaus ever, while the very purpose of obtaining it is to build credit history. Sure, it builds your credit with Amex. But it builds your credit with ONLY one creditor, whereas a reported credit line builds your credit with all the lenders in the world.

Any secured card that's not reported is a waste of time and money. While I understand some have their reasons not to have all their cards reported (such as maxing out credit lines without affecting one's score), this hardly ever applies to SECURED cards, which serve for BUILDING credit, not just using it.

Saar

6. Cadillac408

I don't owe Am/Ex any $$ from

Killer:

I don't owe them any money on an account from the past. I am an authorized user on my boyfriend's Gold charge account. $1200 is what I charged on it over the past 3 weeks! :-O

I get *SICK* anytime I have to pay any of my bills......especially RENT! :-(

But now when I do my payment over the internet to Am/Ex, I'll feel much much better! Like it's a privilage or something! Anything to ease the pain and take the knife out of my checkbook! :-D

Sorry for any confusion. BUT....Am/Ex did issue me a secured card even though I had a $1200 judgment (paid but not reflecting paid) on 2 of my reports (Experian, TransUnion). I would have to research what report they pulled for the secured card. I would have to assume Equifax. I also know that they pulled Equifax shortly after my boyfriend called and added me on the Gold account. Then they reported the history of the account on my credit after 1 month!

7. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: I don't owe Am/Ex any $$ f

Your boyfriend really luvs you! I would be nervous if my girlfriend had my credit card!

8. TWeil

TWeil Guest

I have a secured Optima. I contacted all credit bureaus myself and they added the secured Optima account.

9. newcomer2

newcomer2 Guest

Hello Tweil ..
    Just wondering. Did you have to obtian any info from amex to add ? or did you just give them your account number ? Or did you orginally keep records . ? Let us know the details .

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

San Francisco

Living in san francisco - I don't have that problem :)

Dogman - sorry - a little Electoral humor!

11. Michael

Michael Guest

I suspect that the reporting aspect of the Optima Secured Card is something that Amex will change.

We all know that quite a lot of clients are pissed off about this non reporting, so it stands to reason that Amex will address this issue when it is re-introduced.

Until then open an account at Centurian Bank and get your foot in the door! I found for my clients quite a easy process.

12. Cadillac408

To: Michael

Any of your clients on Chexsystems? If so, what was the outcome when they tried to open an account at Centurion Bank?

13. Michael

Michael Guest

RE: To: Michael

I specialize in geting new immigrants established rather than cleaning up past problems so I can't answer your question except to say this.

Of all the Internet Banks, only Centurian accepted the ITIN, and did not demand established credit on a credit bureau report.

I would say that they would be your best shot.

14. Warchant7

Warchant7 Guest

Does anyone have the info how to open a Centurian Bank account? Thanks

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

americanexpress.com

go to americanexpress.com, click on membership banking - you're there.

I like em - once I sent in $1000- and did not designate whether to put it in chkg or svngs.

I checked the WEB. They put $900 in the interest savings / $100 in chgk.

Amazing service huh?
    Of course you can snap money back and forth anytime.

Dogman