Nice credit cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Jan 9, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Listen all this talk about flashy credit cards is getting me excited. I am too tired to read thru all these threads. Can anyone recommend a nice gold or plat offer that I can use as a debit card besides AMEX/fidelity. They aint getting my 5 G's. I never knew these kinds of thing existed. Also if you can teach me how they work also. Show some luv.

roni

2. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

Roni,

I thought you were going to be strong and not get anymore inquiries.

The flashy cards are all flash.

Stay strong.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dang.

You are so right, Kate. See how easily I get swayed. The whole Public record thing has blown my concentration. Thanks for the slap back to reality. Now I have a question for MP$40. You are on the same wagon, girlfriend. How are you gonna get the AMEX card then. See how I turned that around. Aint I cute.

roni

4. Kate

Kate Well-Known Member

RE: Dang.

Roni,

I know we like to help others but, sometime we have to take care of our house first.

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    You are so right, Kate. See how easily I get swayed. The whole Public record thing has blown my concentration. Thanks for the slap back to reality. Now I have a question for MP$40. You are on the same wagon, girlfriend. How are you gonna get the AMEX card then. See how I turned that around. Aint I cute.

roni

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Kate, everybody, you wont beli

I just got off the phone with chase manhattan. My gold debit card will be here by Jan. 17th. They said they had sent me one in Aug. Well, that was just before I moved to Philly. I guess I missed it in the mail.

You see, I was out with a friend from NY this weekend and he pulls out this gold check card. I asked him how he got that card. He wasnot specific but I just called and found out with my kind of account I should have had one too. Now you see, I get a pretty new card without the inquiry. It says check card though. But if anyone is standing that close behind me in PathMark groceries to read the logo on my card, they deserve the backslap that I'll give 'em. I am happy.

roni

6. Carrot

Carrot Guest

RE: Kate, everybody, you wont

Work it, gurl! I wish I could get something gold, ANYTHING! Maybe I'll spray paint my Providian classic. In the meantime, I'll just wait for my Cobaltcard--I can front like it's a real AMEX!

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

LOL

I think i woke up my neighbors laughing so hard. Carrot you are too much. Can you imagine the clerks face at Bloomingdale's.

roni

8. mt

mt Guest

I have a gold check card from Bank of America. The only real difference is some sort of warranty thing and the fact that I can deposit up to 5k and have it available the same day. (that part is kind of a good deal).

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I had to upgrade my card years ago, to get over the $400 stupid limit per day on cash. I had it raised to $800 and they gave me a goldish atm card.

I still don't think its any more elite these days. With capitalone giving everyone a gold card, its kinda diminished the value of gold.

10. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

The best was....

I was reading another post on another board and a guy actually wanted to know if there were some sort of credit card stickers that you could buy to put over your current card. I'm assuming that he had that ugly Aria card! LOL!!!!

11. BETSY

BETSY Guest

GOLD CHECK CARD

YOU GUYS ARE TALKING ABOUT THINGS THAT I DIDN,T KNOW EXIST. I HAVE A REGULAR VISA CHECK CARD WITH BANK OF AMERICA, BUT HOW IS THIS DIFFERENT FROM A GOLD CHECK CARD. AND DON,T YOU STILL HAVE TO HAVE THE CASH AVAILABLE IN YOUR CHECKING ACCOUNT RIGHT?

12. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: The best was....

MP$40,

That is the funniest thing I have heard in a while. Perhaps we should go into business....

"COVER UP YOUR SUBPRIME CARDS WITH OUR EZ-PLATINUM STICKERS! IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS AND ANNOY YOUR ENEMIES!"

One of my friends and I got the ugly Aria card at the same time, and she always called it her "Disco Credit Card."

Cheers,
    Cindy
    (having a BAD day at work today)

13. Cadillac408

LOL!!!!!!

That's Great Cindy!!!!!! I'm busting up here at work! Sorry to hear that you are having a bad day! :-( Cheer up.....it will get better....it always does!

You'd be surprised how many people care about what their cards look like. I, for one, do! I have the Providian Visa Gold and it's pretty and all but the bottom like is it's PROVIDIAN. You know the stigma that surrounds Providian, especially since they run those cheezee commercials during the Jerry Springer show. The best though was I went to the exclusive cafe and I was sitting at the bar and this guy wanted the bartender to run a tab on his Cross Country Bank Card! Wow!!!

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

No he didn't

I just know he didn't. LOL. Here in Philly, I see so many people with the CCB card. As I told you b4 I was out with this guy who paid for one dinner with CCB and the next with Aspire. that was an indicator. And it was an accurate one. I dont talk to him now. No Romance without Finance. LOL.

roni

15. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Shut up Sam

You are always peeing in my cornflakes. If it aint Citi, it's gold. I like gold. You can kiss my grits. ( See no profanity). Take a lesson MP$40. Just kidding girl. Just kidding to you too Sam. You are always welcomed to your opinion-- No matter how much I never understand it or agree with it. Much love, peace and happiness.

roni

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

To Betsy.......GOLD CHECK CARD

Yes of course you have to have money in your account. It is not a credit card just b/c i t is gold. It is a reg. debit card but they just hook it up a little with a little gold coloring for flash. Call the dang on bank and ask them to send you one.

roni

17. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: No he didn't

Roni,

That is WAY too funny. When I was dating my current husband, I DO have to admit that his gold Wachovia VISA impressed me, LOL. (We have since dumped them; we like to call them Walk-over-ya).

I, for one, use my cheesy subprimes exclusively at the gas station (although that is over now that I have a Chevron card) and online (in cyberspace, nobody knows you're subprime...). If I have to SHOW anyone a card, I use Cap One...best of the worst. (Maybe I can get a gold card out of them soon...)

Cheers,
    Cindy

18. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

RE: LOL!!!!!!

MP$40...thanks for the kind words. This is one, er, heck of a way to get a promotion...

Cheers,
    Cindy

19. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

RONI NEEDS TO GET A LIFE....SHE SPENDS MORE TIME ON THIS WEBSITE THAN ANYONE ELSE.

20. Cadillac408

And how do you know she spends more time on this site than anyone else? I'm sure a lot of people are very appreciative of the time that she spend to HELP OTHERS!

By the way....if you are going to bash me, please do so by emailing me. No need to have our business all out in the streets.