Nice things to say re CreditSense!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by PsychDoc, Jul 22, 2001.

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Here are my initial impressions with respect to examining records forwarded by Creditsense.com Sunday morning. Despite my cynicism, I was very favorably impressed, so I thought it would be useful to share these observations with the board:

1) First, Herb L. of Creditsense.com shocked me with his forthright disclosures. He supplied information for a couple of years in the recent past as well as for 2000-2001 (the most recent full twelve months). A spot-check of line items on these extensive trading lists reveals that his data is congruent with what the market produced. Herb is clearly an expert trader with a multi-million dollar portfolio, and he has done very well.

2) Although he hasn't done as well this past year during the current market slump, I can say that his results look far better than the mainstream mutual funds my wife and I maintains. (We've actually lost money with our mutual funds during the past year. Herb, on the other hand, has maintained the Creditsense.com portfolio in the black, which is, I think, a huge testament to his acumen and investment skill.

3) Anyone who knows me (including a few on this board) knows I'm a cynic. I simply can't resist poking fun -- especially when I think there's a possibility that something isn't what it seems. Herb, therefore, was a target for me. (True to my own form, LOL, I still think he needs to tone down that "exercise your credit" language which he often includes as an ending to paragraphs that have nothing at all to do with the topic at hand.) That said, I have to say that Herb cut right through my cynicism. In a spirit of full-disclosure, he surprised me with both forthrightness and completeness. Herb did mention that he hoped my intentions were honorable, but I suppose he then just gulped and sent this biting critic his data regardless. As I told him in email, I was impressed, and frankly I was surprised that I was impressed.

4) No one should construe anything I'm writing here as a first-person testimonial. I'm not a Creditsense customer (although I would consider that at this point with a small amount after a bit more due diligence), and I have no "dog in the race" as they say, so I cannot legally attest to any statements Creditsense has made in the past or will make. Moreover, I'm very conservative (hence, my unsuccessful mutual funds, LOL), so I would recommend that NOBODY invest ANY MORE THAN THEY COULD AFFORD TO LOSE. That's just me. However if you could gamble $1000 (i.e., NOT your life savings), then it's my humble appraisal that Creditsense may do far better for you than your basic mutual fund or money market account. YMMV (your mileage may vary, ahem), so check it out for yourself. If Herb is as forthcoming with good-hearted and trusting individuals as he is with sarcastic, boy-in-the-back-of-the-classroom critics like me, then my guess is that you'll be just as impressed as I was by the interactions.

Ok, that's my opinion (and you know what they say about opinions, cough, cough). I seriously thought I would be writing a scathing criticism rather than these positive paragraphs. What else is there to say... except possibly... I'm kinda ticked off that I won't be making as many "exercise your credit" cracks anymore. (Ok, maybe a few more, I can't help it.) :)

Randy

2. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

"1) First, Herb L. of Creditsense.com shocked me with his forthright disclosures. He supplied information for a couple of years in the recent past as well as for 2000-2001 (the most recent full twelve months). A spot-check of line items on these extensive trading lists reveals that his data is congruent with what the market produced. Herb is clearly an expert trader with a multi-million dollar portfolio, and he has done very well."

Thank you for your kind words. I supplied Randy with hypotethical trades for the year 1995 and 1996. I did provide him with the real trades for 6/1/00 to 6/30/01. We traded very often, so it appears we have a "multi-million dollar portfolio", but in reality, it is less than $100,000. In order to make monthly payments, we must stay very liquid, that caused us to abandon a highly rewarding investment method and take advantage of the daily ups and downs of the market. In spite of the fact we have not done as well with the hypertrading, we do feel the benefits of CreditWorks' progam to its participants and owners far outweight the possible loses.

www.creditsense.com

3. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Thanks for the information.

Mike G.