No Chase for me :(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, Mar 16, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

and it went thru twice online so I have two inquiries for nothing! I should have stopped while I was ahead! They cited a collection from '95 and the settled CC from 99 that I was an AU on. She also said that if I was an AU it shouldn't be on there (well thanks!) I just got so exctied at the thought of lower interest! Such is life.
    I am still so happy with a Gold/platinum card from Citi :)
    I wonder if I can get a great intro?

2. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,

Start slow....don't move too fast, get rid of CapOne and work with Citi and you should do just fine. Chase has very strict criteria they follow before issuing a card. I know there is kind of a "high" involved after the first couple of approvals, but don't move too quickly. Make sure your budget allows for atleast the min. payment on these cards. I would hold off for six months now before i apply again. Just some advice from someone who cares.

Sean

3. AnnMarie

Thanks Sean.....I really need to work on my CRs for a while and 6 mos before getting in any deeper sounds great to me.
    I'll be enjoying my new card until then.
    Thanks again!
    AnnMarie

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That's interesting because Chase only acepts 1 application every 60 days. Are you sure you have 2 inquires on your report. They usually trash all 2nd applications. Believe me I know.

roni

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Ann Marie,
    I don't like Chase Bank and they treat their customers like balance transfer, payment posting and some other things over the web. You got Citibank and why you would want Chase for? I think Citibank got the best customer service and auto-pay. They got very good card program.

Ron

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I got both and I am happy with both. Chase had a better intro rate. 3.99% for six months. I also bank at chase manhattan.

roni

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Well, it is just me and I like Citibank better in my opinion.I didn't have any bank accounts with Chase. Well, I think Bank Of America credit cards give 9.9% fixed as long as your account is in good standing.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

B of A would surely deny me. That I am sure.

roni

9. AnnMarie

I just wanted a credit card for some balance transfers.....I don't care if I can charge another dime after I transfer, I just want to transfer out of my high interest balances. Any suggestions? I'm paying off as much as I can each month and I've already called them about it---
    AnnMarie

10. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,

Earlier I stated that I thought you should hold off for six months..I guess my question to you is: 1) what type of cards do u presently have and what are the balances....If Chase turned you down forget about MBNA,Associates, BofA, and other prime lenders. My feeling is stick with the Citi, and if you can't resist try Nextcard(www.nextcard.com), they like balance transfers. But don't go overboard, you will end up getting yourself in trouble. Good luck!!

Sean

11. AnnMarie

Card Profile

Sean
    Hi again
    I have the following in the V/MC genre:
    Citi Classic 4200cl/2200bal
    Cap1 KMart 200cl/90bal
    Cap1 Gold (just upgraded last week) 600?cl/100bal
    I am an AU on:
    Citi Classic 3000cl/1450 bal

So, I guess I'm looking for about a $4000.00 card to transfer to with a good interest rate. I'll stick it out if I have to but it sure would be nice not to have to, ya know?
    Thanks for the advise and what do you think now?
    AnnMarie

12. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

Re: Card Profile

Annmarie,

Try Nextcard...I would get rid of both CapOne and Kmart, They have a fixed 9.9% or a 2.9% intro...that would leave you with two prime cards...citi and hopefully nextcard...Good luck AnnMarie, let me know if Mextcard approves..ok?

Sean

13. AnnMarie

Sean (aka My Personal Credit Card Guru)
    I must have gotten the Citi card due to my history with their company--Nextcard approved me but only as an almost secured card, with a high fee attached. But is having Next card that much better than the Cap1s? If I have a better future with Nextcard, I'm willing to pay the price now of the big annual fee, reverse secured agreement and the "set-up" fee if it will benefit me that much in the future.
    What do you think?

14. SEAN

SEAN Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,

I would forget Nextcard....I guess there entering the subprime world....You shouldn't have to pay to carry a card....I would focus on paying off CapOne and Kmart, and just stick with the Citi...You can't go wrong with Citi....another option would be to try to get a card with your own bank sometimes they will give you the benefit of the doubt if your a good customer. Let me know, and sorry Nextcard didn't work out.

Sean

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Roni,
    I don't know whether BofA is tough to grant credit or not. They give me 9.9 fixed APR on both MasterCard and Visa. By the way, BofA offer instant approval on their web sites. The credit limit and the APR depends on your income and your credit history.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I agree with you Sean. I stick with Citi and they are the best I deal with. In myopinion, I don't like Chase and I don't have any Chase credit card account.

17. AnnMarie

Okay, thanks everyone for giving me some guidance. Perhaps this first round of disputes will result in something substantial :)