No Credit-means no card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Tasha, Jun 5, 2000.

1. Tasha

Tasha Guest

I am 19 years old have gone to college for my first year and have a 6 month old baby, a single mother. I have never had a problem paying any of my bills on time and I wanted to apply for a credit card. I was told that I did not have any credit and therefore could not be issued a card. Do I have to take out loan or something to show that I can pay back money I owe or what? How come people with bad credit can get a credit card and not people who have never had one. Suggestions are welcome.

2. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

there are a few things you can do to start
    building your credit history, you can start by applying for a few department store credit cards, they are fairly easy to qualify for, OR you can apply for a SECURED credit card,
    (just type "unsecured credit cards" in your favorite search engine) this is a card that you simply open a savings account with a bank and they will give you a credit card with a credit limit equal to (or sometimes) greater than your deposit. After a while, Once you have used the cards, and shown responsable use of your credit, you will more than likely
    start getting credit card offers in the mail for unsecured credit cards.

Good luck to you!

A.F.

--------------------
    Bad Credit? No Credit? Let Us Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. JP

JP Guest

If your a student, there are many offers out there. Check around your campus for some offers. In addition, look at AMEX or AT&T Universal for student offers.

Regards,
    JP

4. BarryN - C

BarryN - C Guest

Tasha,

Do you have a student loan? My stepson had a student loan last year, through Bank One. And since then, he has had all the offers he can stand. It might be worth it to get a small student loan through financial aid at your college.

Peace,

Barry

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

This approach is a wonderful combination of personal experience and creative thinking. It feels good to read a fresh idea for a change.

Strength and Honor,
    RichGuy