No go on house

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 9, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well some may have known that we thought we found a house, it needed some work but we were going to offer a low price and hope they accepted. The house was a land/house deal that we were going to split with my inlaws, well turns out they are asking ENTIRELY too much for it so that deal is history. So we are back to our original plan of late summer, which hopefully by then scores will look even better.

I did however try to test the waters and applied for BofA, big denial, I guess 677 isn't good enough for them, they pulled Eq, oh well back on the wagon I go:(

Mom

2. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

You tried BofA for a mortgage??

3. TxMommy

TxMommy Active Member

Sorry about the house deal not working out Momof3. I am looking for a house now also, and I know how very frustrating the whole process is. Just out of curiousity, did you already prequalify? I am dreading this process, even though I know it is vital to being able to seriously look at houses. I know I'll get approved, but I don't know at what rate (FICO 627; excellent income; low debt). The whole thing is just so nerveracking! Please keep me posted on your home buying process so I can learn from you!!!

Thanks!

TXMommy

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Next times the one!! Its all Karma...This was just not the right one for you...there will be better matches. Chin up -Dave

5. newhouse

newhouse Guest

Hmmm....you may want to check with BofA re: any special community lending programs they may have in your area. In metro Wash, DC they have a a 3% down, no PMI/no points, that accepts slightly lower credit scores than 677.

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Sorry it didn't work out, but I am sure there is a *better* house out there for you.

When a door closes, a window opens. :)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Let me clarify

Thanks all. Let me clarify, I didn't apply for mortgage through BofA, I tried for credit card from them sorry for confusion.

Txmommy we had prequalified awhile back trouble is we couldn't find a house. So this time I will find a house first then go for mortgage. I don't believe we will have trouble getting mortgage. These days you can get a mortgage easier than a gas card and that's the truth.

Mom

8. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Re: Let me clarify

I'm sorry, Mom, that your initial plan didn't work out but I know you'll get your house. And you'll probably get something you like better than the house that just fell through.

Donna