No go with penney's

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Feb 20, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I was feeling a bit on a roll with getting my rate down with Citi and then getting increase with Sears so I tried with penney's. They said nope I will get letter in 7-10 days. Oh well I guess I will be due a free report. I thought maybe the pulled Experian and I did have the problem with the account being listed as a potential negative. the account was tranferred/sold. I called an MAJORLY complained to Experian about this and they sent me update and it didn't change, but low and behold I checked online and it appears in good standing again, I guess they realized I wouldn't quit with them until they changed it back to the correct standing, so I know that can be it. can't wait to hear their reasoning for the denial. Oh well my roll is over :(

Mom

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Sorry mom, that you didn't get the increase. I thought sure you would. hehehehe It's a good thing I didn't go ahead and bet, though.

When I encouraged you to apply, I was thinking about my own experience. Generally, Penneys has granted increases more readily than Sears.

You're doing great with your credit, though, Mom. And you'll see the payoff come mortgage time.

Donna

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Donna, no biggie I was thinking of closing penney's anyway already have my Sears for retail account and this just gives me a good reason to.

Mom

4. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

Good! If they won't work with you, they don't deserve your business. Take an acetylene torch to that useless piece of plastic and mail them the ball.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

You are right Doris, I am through with them.

Mom:)