No more Secured Optima

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jason-AMEX, Nov 1, 2000.

1. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

All to whom this concerns----
    as of Oct 24, AMEX has INDEFINITAELY suspended the decision making of all new secured optima card applications. This means any applications received on or after Oct 24 will be rejected since they are no longer offering this card product. Hope this does not ruin anyone's day. This of course will not effect current open secured accounts.

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

What's going to happen w/ the current account holders? There was speculation that anyone who might remotely qualify for an usecured card will get one and the rest are ass out???

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mp40, I dont know what I am going to do with you. You are the speed reader of the millenium. He said "this will not effect current open secured accounts". So that means: we are IN like Flynn. Yeah BABy.

4. Cadillac408

OK.....OK.....

Guess I'll shut up now, relax, and read future posts....

<where are my glasses.....dang!>

Why am I trippin anyway? Don't give a crap about the secured card. I'm doing fine w/ my gold. I guess I was hoping for a card in my own name....as opposed to an authorized user status. Oh well....

5. Cadillac408

Jason:

Did you read the post from Mike about how he got an increase on his secured Optima? What was up w/ that?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

dang Mp/

dont tip 'em off. Shhhh.

7. Cadillac408

RE: dang Mp/

Hey....I'm not tryin to tip no one off...I'm just trying to make sense of all this.

I (really)read over all the info when I got my card and it stated that to increase your limit, you had to send in additional deposits. It also had a deposit slip for my account included. Well.....whatever....who cares. I'm done now...

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: dang Mp/

Yes, I remember reading that also when I got my card in May. But who knows with AMEX. They cancelling and reinstating and then cancelling accounts. That is whacker than wack.

9. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Jason:

Yes, I did read it and from what I know you must send more money to increase your limit--I am not sure what i sgoing on with Mike's account. I willadmit that I do not know all about the secured card, but from what I do know, that is the terms of the card. If you was able to get a limit increase--hey, more power to him!

10. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

RE: Jason:

Hello... I dont know how I got the increase neither.. all i know is I pay the amount off abount a week or 2 after I use the card.. I have done this for 1 year and a HALF.. AND i ONLY HAVE A 3 HUNDRED CREDIT LIMIT.. and when someone on this board told me to look for the apply for increse button on amex account site.. I cliked on it and it didnt work and the next day i cliked on it and i recieved 500.oo increase.. they have my 300.00 and i have 800.00.. I like that.. bye guyz.... pay on time everytime... Mike