No one ever responds

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SheerInten, Mar 20, 2001.

1. SheerInten

SheerInten Guest

Hi,

I am new to the board and think it is great. However, I had posted three times looking for some advice and help. To my avail noone has responded to my posts.

Here is my last cry? Can someone please tell me if it is worth and how to dispute items on my credit report that states "included in bankruptcy", or should I just wait it out?

Thanks.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I am sorry if your post has gotten overlooked, most people are very helpful. I wish I could help but I am not familiar with BK or their listings. I believe some have had accounts removed included in BK but I think these were done by Junum, I am not sure if anyone has had success on their own disputing these. I hope someone can help you.

Welcome to the board:)

Mom

3. other me

other me Guest

SheerInten:

I have not responded because I don't know anything about bankruptcy. I am sure other people on the board can help.

4. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Sorry SheerIntern,

I nothing of the subject also. I wish that I could be more helpful, if I encounter someone who does, I will surely let you know.

Reshod

5. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

Sheer...

You might try to go to the Yahoo credit repair board. They have TONS of info there on bankruptcy as well as some lawyers who help answer questions. I found answers I needed there tonite. I am new myself and have noticed if you check your thread in a day or two there will usually be answers. The people with the information might not have read the board today, I dont think everyone reads it 6 times a day like I do :) Also the board is moving very fast the past 3 days due to the FICO scores etc and it probably got overlooked. Sorry I can't help much, I have a discharged BK 13 I'm trying to figure out what to do with myself.

Christi

6. SheerInten

SheerInten Guest

Thanks,

It feels great just getting some type of response.

I look forward to participating much more in the discussions.

7. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

One more thing, the things say included in BK, but is the BK itself listed and how old are they?

christi

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I know nothing about BK either, EXCEPT that it is better than CCCS (IN MOST CASES).

People have stated they were UNABLE to get ANY credit after CCCS for more than two years after paying in full...(IT IS LIKE THEY ARE BLACK BALLED).

:(

Others have bought a house and got unsecured credit cards ONE YEAR after BK.
    I DON'T ENCURAGE EITHER...

9. SheerInten

SheerInten Guest

Yes..the BK is listed on my report also.

10. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

removing BK items

Included in BK items are dealt with just list any other negative items -- dispute them as not mine. If the creditor can't verify them, they have to be removed. You can do this yourself -- getting good dispute advice on this or other boards -- or you can hire a firm such as Jumum.

I use a law firm because I don't have the time or patience to do it myself. I guess about a half-dozen or more items (on each report) have been deleted in two rounds of disputes. But lots of people here have had great success doing it themselves.

Also, watch for discharged debts that are listed as chargeoff or past due. These can hurt you more than the included in BK items -- especially if you are looking to buy a house. Dispute them as not mine, and if they aren't deleted or at least updated to included in BK, call the creditor and ask why your discharged debts aren't being reported correctly.

Never admit to the credit bureaus that you have a BK.