No response from OSI/GS . .

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Irish Diva, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

It's been over a week since I sent my validation letter and they're located in Phoenix. Should have at least received my green card receipt by now. Any suggestions, LK, Roni, et al on my next step? Should I ignore them? Follow up with the post office? As far as I can tell it's not on any of my reports yet (fingers tightly crossed!) and I don't want to start something! THanks for everyones help!

Kate
    Who's glad she wasn't on the board this weekend!

2. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Re: No response from OSI/GS .

I received my certified receipt today from Gulf State. If I don't hear something in 30 days I will send another. If that doesn't yeild results next step Lizzard, Roni, and others please feel free to respond.

3. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I had an issue with OSI, they were handling a Gulf State item..(old Sprint account.) I sent the validation letter, and got no response. HOwever, called Experian to day,and the item was deleted. i dont think they will answer you, but I bet they wont be pursuing it. GOod luck

4. Irish Diva

Irish Diva Guest

Thanks, Mary. I'm just keeping fingers tightly crossed they don't report it to the bureaus. If they do, I know where to go to get answers!

Kate

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Thanks for your input Marypc.

Here is my situation: I received a bill from Gulf State Nov 2000. I immediately disputed the debt with them. Gulf State sold the debt to Berks Credit & Collection the same month as they purchased the alleged debt.

I sent validation letters to both collection companies. I haven't heard anything from them.

Also I called sprint as I never had them as a long distance carrier, I always had AT&T, its free as I used to work for them. The rep told me there was an outstanding bill and I needed to contact Gulf State to dispute the bill. Here is the funny part, they sold the account to another agency, and obviously, Sprint isn't aware of it.

I asked her for her street address so I could send correspondance, she told me she was in the state of Ill thats it. She wouldn't give me any other information regarding her location. It was late, I will call their corporate offices tomorrow to see if I can get any info from the switchboard.

Junum.com did dispute the Gulf State entry on my credit report. It was removed. I was so happy. Only to find out, 2 week Experian sent me an amended credit report stating that Gulf State verified the tradeline as accurate.

I am going to draft a letter to Sprint telling them to forward me a copy of my alleged signed contract. I know they don't have one. They claim the bill was for 1 month of service. I want them to show proof, meaning signed contract ect, baring that I want them to remove the information from my report. If they don't I will file suit, I am sure that will get their attention.

6. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I think you can do it. OSI is a pretty shoddy operation. They put their collection item on my report with no notice to me. I contested it and they sent me a form letter telling me I had to send them my addy, ss#, etc. I sent them the most angry letter I think I have written thus far, telling them they had some nerve asking me to verify their debt. ( I was advised that I had to send that info, since they would not be able to locate the item to remove it. ) I sent them a copy of the entry from my report, and my current address, but thats it.

They didnt respond within 30 days, so I sent them a letter saying if I didnt hear from them within 15 dyas, I was going to file suit. They never did get back to me, but like I said, the item was removed. (this was an account that Gulf State/OSI purchased from Park Dansan CA. ) Im still not clear on how Gulf State and OSI are connected., Gulf State was listed on my report, but the form letter they sent was OSI letterhead, same addy..anyways, good luck!