No rhyme or reason to Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

I have read damn near every post related to Citibank (and enjoy every one of them :)

And have come to the conclusion - there seems to be no consistent pattern to getting approved by Citibank. They are obviously approving people with damaged credit, but what do they determine to be "to bad to approve".

Applied on Friday the 13th, got the message "Your app is accepted being reviewed......blah blah blah.......

I see a few people called and found out they were denied (Sorry Cindy! We were pulling for each other).

I'll just wait for the mail!

Anyway, who gives a damn - I just got my shiny new Capital One gold card in the mail today ($900 limit).
    I must admit this,Capital One is a fair company because along with Citibank, I included one of their cards in 1992 BK, and they were the first company to give me a new credit card.

will keep you posted on Citi progress!

chet

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: No rhyme or reason to Citi

I'll keep my fingers crossed Chet.

Mom:)

3. Jim R.

Jim R. Guest

re: cap1

i had a bk in 99 and cap1 denied me...
    maybe it'll "go away" when the bk falls off?

4. Cindy

Cindy Well-Known Member

Citibank vs. Capital One...

Chet,

Thanks for the encouragement ;-)

In another post (Charge-Off Advice needed, posted yesterday), I detailed my personal financial woes. Guess I just wasn't good enough for Citibank (sniff...).

However, time to move on. I _do_ have a Cap One card. It is the regular, green marble version. I suppose I'll try to get increases on it after six months or so.

What other cards would anyone here recommend?
    As mentioned before, I have Cap One. I just canceled my First Premier Bank (Future Card). I also have the First National Card. All of these are presently at "beer money" levels. I did not mention in my earlier post, but I have (and have had for 6 years now, which may make me a glutton for punishment) a First National Bank of Marin Visa. I am considering either dumping it or trying to raise the credit limit through deposits (it is "partially secured.")

Any advice?

Cheers and Prosperity,
    Cindy

chet wrote:
    -------------------------------

I see a few people called and found out they were denied (Sorry Cindy! We were pulling for each other).

I'll just wait for the mail!

Anyway, who gives a damn - I just got my shiny new Capital One gold card in the mail today ($900 limit).
    I must admit this,Capital One is a fair company because along with Citibank, I included one of their cards in 1992 BK, and they were the first company to give me a new credit card.

will keep you posted on Citi progress!

chet

5. Thanks!

Thanks! Guest

RE: Citibank vs. Capital One..

Too bad about Citibank, Cindy. They're handing out cash like it's going out of style. With my credit I must have got very lucky. Good luck with the other cards and don't give up. Your gold mine is out there somewhere!

6. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Did you get a Citibank card, and if you did which one - was it an instant or delayed approval - and just how bad is your credit?

Sorry, three questions in one! But your input would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

chet

7. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

re: cap1

capital one gave me a big $200.00 limit.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I was denied citibank (DELAYED NOT INSTANT RESPONCE). NO BK, NO LATE, NO OVERLIMIT, OVER $70,000 INCOME.