No Target VISA for me :(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Sep 6, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Just called that 888 number and asked if my account's flagged for a Target VISA.

The CRS was quite pleasant and asked me to hld on (this was before even asking for my personal ID info, so I gather she had to ask a supervisor if they're allowed to give out that info yet).

She came back and asked my Target Guest Card # , my name and address.

Then said, "no, I don't show that you're scheduled to get a Target VISA."

Phooey! How can this be? Target only pulled my report once on application (Equifax) and no AR's since then on ANY reports. My Equifax is the cleanest with no BK's showing, all account paid/never late, 649 score, but 3 collections and one judgement.

2. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

[bump]

Has anyone called and been told their account is "flagged to receive the Target VISA"?

The CRS told me that all who will get it will have it by the end of November, that they're being issued in "waves" starting today and that if you don't get one you'll have to apply for it when the applications are available in the stores beginning of December 2001.

3. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

I really don't know what to say, because I've called in the last three days and spoken with different reps. On the first day, I was told EVERYONE will be getting the Visa, and it will have a higher credit limit, with a maximum interest rate of 18.9%. The second day I called in, and was told that only some people would be getting the Visa, which is decided by account use, payment history, etc. Today, I called and spoke with a very nice lady. She pulled the sheets she had been given and read word for word to me what they said. It basically said that everyone would be getting the Target Visa and that I would have mine in a couple months. She said if you didn't want the Visa, they would send you the Target card. That's 2 for 3, so I still think they are giving them to everyone at one point or another, but I could be wrong. We'll just have to see what time brings. I hope everyone gets one, and be sure to post when you get yours!