Non Sub-prime cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by C, Jun 27, 2000.

1. C

C Guest

I just got a partially secured credit card with Capital One bank. I gave them $99 and they gave me a limit of $500. Not a bad deal, I think. It's a prime bank giving me a prime card, considering I have two charge-offs in the last two years, one with Capital One Bank no less. Now I was wondering, are there any other reputable "prime" banks that give similar offers, in other words, partially secured that are easy to get and have no horrible set-backs like sub-prime cards do, such as application fees, processing fees, and the like? Thanks so much for any help.

2. Rock

Rock Guest

Sorry, I wouldnt consider Capital One a prime lender

3. C

C Guest

Well whatever your opinion, they are not Cross Country Bank or something equally as awful...

4. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Yes, Capital One is an excellent bank, they cater to both prime and sub-prime market, but the card that you have is sub-prime, that doesnt mean it's a bad deal though, because it is a pretty good offer for someone wanting to rebuild credit.

I believe their prime rate cards are the GOLD and the PLATINUM cards.

Alex.

------------------------
    Free Credit Repair Information!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

5. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I agree. Nothing wrong with Capital One. Make your payments on time and make them for 3 to 4 times the minimum.

I called it, exercising your credit.

http://www.creditsense.com

6. JP

JP Guest

Capital One is a decent bank. The card you have is a sub-prime card, but nonetheless it is one of the better cards. Capital One tends to be stingy with increases, but the service is decent. They have online account access and billpay, so I rate them above most.

Regards,
    JP

7. C

C Guest

Ok, it's a sub-prime card, but it's definitely not a sub-prime bank. We've got that clear. But still, no one really answered my question. *sigh* Oh well...

8. Hubert  X

Hubert X Guest

You are mostly right about Capital One, a good bank that is both prime and subprime. However, their Gold card is a joke, and definitely subprime.

9. Joan

Joan Guest

Did you say you had a charge-off with Capital One two years ago and they gave you a partially secured card recently? I'm interesting in knowing because I have a charge off with them as well about 4 years ago.

10. C

C Guest

Yep Joan, that's right. I owe them in excess of $1000 and about two months ago, I applied online for their secured card. A week later, I got a letter stating that I was approved for a $500 limit card with a deposit of only $99. Of course I sent the money in right away and am now in my second of the three weeks I have to wait for it to come. Really, people may complain about Capital One, but this is the best sub-prime deal I've seen out there. Only partially secured, $29 annual fee, but NO processing fee, NO application fee, NO membership fee, NO nothing. I think you should try it.

11. Joan

Joan Guest

I received my denial letter on yesterday. Reason: Unsatisfied previous account with Capital One. I tried.

12. Hubert  X

Hubert X Guest

Capital One is an Exception

Capital One offers a deal that few other banks are willing to offer. I think First Consumers offers a card that can be either fully or partially secured, depending on your credit history.

People with recent credit problems will find that partially secured cards are always offered on worse terms than fully secured cards, given the risks involved.

13. Stormie

Stormie Guest

Perhaps not a" prime "lender, but none the less a very reputable bank. I have had their card for many many years and never had any problems. There are many other terrific banks out there as well, like MBNA< Citibank, all of which are great banks, I would include capital one in this as well.

14. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

I agree stormie. I would add Chase Manhattan & Discover Card also. Capital one is a great bank, with a good reputation as well as great customer service.