non-validation letter from ccc

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rhondak, Sep 11, 2003.

1. rhondak

rhondak Well-Known Member

Received this letter today and was wondering which letter to send in response:

Dear (my fiance)

Thank you for contacting us regarding your credit card account number, 0000000000000000.

Unfortunately, no application is available. This credit card was applied through the telephone. The phone number from which the call came from was 000-000-0000.

We are unable to change information that has been reported correctly to the credit bureaus.

If you are disputing reported information that appears on your credit bureau report, please complete a consumer disputer verification form at your local credit bureau office.

If you have any further questions, please contact our Customer Service Dept at 000-000-0000.

Now, the way I see this is that they just confirmed they cannot validate.

I did a reverse lookup on the phone number and it belongs to someone I've never heard of (don't know how long she's had the number, though)

So, they can't validate, so how do I get them to remove the info? ITS?

By the way, everyone except Experian has already deleted this account.

Thanks!
    R

2. rhondak

3. rhondak

bump

4. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Hi Rhonda,

Does this account still have a balance or is it paid and closed?

Need the basic stuff, ya know, how old it is, if there's a balance, what state you're in, etc..

???

5. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*We are unable to change information that has been reported correctly to the credit bureaus.

2*If you are disputing reported information that appears on your credit bureau report, please complete a consumer disputer verification form at your local credit bureau office.
    rhonda
    1*They are liying about this so how can you believe anything else they say in the letter?

2*What local credit bureau office?
    Nobody has a local credit bureau office?

6. rhondak

Butch -
    Acct info:

Date opened: 8/2000
    Reported since 8/2000
    Date of status 12/2001
    Last reported 1/2003
    revolving
    High Balance/Recent Balance $571 (original $300)

charge off as of 12/2001 - 1/2003

(PS This acct has already been deleted from the other two CRAs)

7. rhondak

almost forgot - I'm in SC (SOL=3 years)

Says 180 days as of 5/2001, 90 days as of 2/2001, and also says "closed at consumers request".

so I'm really not sure what the DOLA was - I am guessing it would've had to have been 11/2000 if it was 90 days as of 2/2001

8. rhondak

lbrown, I agree with you - I was just trying to figure out what letter would be appropriate to send in response to this.

I know Experian isn't going to delete (or hell, even investigate) without some sort of documentation.

Oh, and I just realized that on the Experian report, it has this "account closed at consumers request" under "Your Statement". I have never added a statement.

9. rhondak

bump

10. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

If the account was opened in 8/2000 and went delinquent on 11/2000 that must mean there was never a payment made. CC aplied for, balance runs up to $300, and goes delinquent 3 months later?

Also your fiance' has never had this phone number?

I guess what we need to know Rhonda is, is this his account or not?

:)

Have you disputed with Exp. yet? Why do you think it has dropped off the other 2? Because of your dispute, or did it just happen?

Is there a CA involved or is this from the OC?

Inquiring minds wanna know.