nonexistant bnk rprtd me 2 telechk

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by crowmom, Sep 27, 2003.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: nonexistant bnk rprtd me 2 telechk

I'M SURE GLAD I DON'T WRITE CHECKS AT ANY RETAIL BUSINESS!!!

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: nonexistant bnk rprtd me 2 telechk

Been thinkin about this all day.

CM brings up a good question.

If Telecheck is NOT the CA for HER debt, and it was reported to TC, by an OC, does this provide an escape from FDCPA jurisdiction? My interpretation would be NO.

Hmmm....

Whatcha yall think?

3. iambroke

iambroke Well-Known Member

You can order your chexsystems report online...
    I just did that last month, just to check it, and mine was blank....but showed the different categories they report.....plus shows the different bank inquiries that ask for your report. Is chexsystems the same as telecheck?

You can look here:

https://www.chexhelp.com:447/ChexHelp/chex/english/publik/index.htm

and use the link to order your report.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Is chexsystems the same as telecheck?
    iambroke
    ===============
    Don't think they are .

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

5. crowmom

crowmom Well-Known Member

Well according to jam, telecheck and chexsystems are two branches of the same company--if I'm interpreting his post correctly.

guess its something to start researching....

ETA: I dont really thing they're the same company....maybe i should have said 'entity'. I recently got my report from both telecheck and chexsystems. chex had nothing listed, and telechk had one thing.

btw, telecheck's report has nothing besides the name of an out of business bank, and a non working phone number. NO account number, NO check number, NO reference number, NO bank address. Extortion anyone? ugh.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: nonexistant bnk rprtd me 2 telechk

7. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: nonexistant bnk rprtd me 2 telechk

One clarification, apparently ChexSystems is affiliated with a TeleCheck knock-off (SCAN) and not TeleCheck itself, however, both do CA, and CRA services.

I've always heard of people saying the two companys names together. All the co-mingling of the three heads are the same, even though the names of the entities are different...

If you're on ChexSystems no-no list, you'll get your checks denied at SCAN merchants, if your checks are returned to SCAN merchants, ChexSystems could act as the CA through ChexSystems CA, and if you try to open an account with a ChexSystems bank, or to try to do business with a SCAN merchant, chances are you would be denied.

If you're on TeleChecks no-no list, you'll get your checks denied at TeleCheck merchants, if your checks are returned to TeleCheck merchants, TeleCheck could act as the CA, and if a bank or merchant checks TeleCheck chances are you'll be denied.

The chances are is required because as we know, the CRA has no role in the denial (BS) ;) yes, if they return a negative, we know 99%+ of the time its denied, but... ;)

ChexSystems
    "ChexSystems is also licensed to do business as ChexSystems Collection Agency providing debt collection services to members participating in that service."
    https://www.chexhelp.com:447/ChexHelp/chex/english/publik/about.htm

ChexSystems
    Attn: Consumer Relations
    12005 Ford Road Suite 600
    Dallas, TX 75234

According to the BBB - Real Name - E FUNDS CORPORATION
    Additional Doing-Business-As Names: CHEXSYSTEMS, SCAN

TeleCheck

TeleCheck is a subsidiary of First Data Corporation

"TeleCheck, a subsidiary of First Data Corporation, is a leading provider of paper and electronic check services, helping more than 352,000 retail, financial institution, grocery and other industry outlets increase profitability, reduce risk and streamline operations."
    http://www.firstdata.com/svcs_merch_telecheck.jsp

Headquarters
    TeleCheck Services, Inc.
    5251 Westheimer
    Houston, Texas 77056

According to the BBB - Additional Doing-Business-As Names: Account Recovery Services

8. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nonexistant bnk rprtd me 2 telechk

TeleCheck is listed as a check guarantee organization, so it appears that they purchase all (or most) of the checks which are returned by their merchants, provided the merchant complies with their contract as to the procedures to follow on verifying a check.

9. crowmom

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nonexistant bnk rprtd me 2 telechk

well? would they go to all that trouble?

10. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Who knows--they might.

I suspect the reason Commerce Bank asked for your SSN was so they could look up the account. When a bank is bought, all of the accounts are transferred. One of my banks was recently acquired, and all of the account numbers will be changed, so the SSN would be the only way to cross reference the account.

Another bank I deal with has been purchased three times and my account number never changed.

Remember that banks are one of the entities that are allowed to collect your SSN, so using it to reference your account is legal.

11. crowmom

I really hate to leave this thread like this, with no 'ending'. I'm not sure why, but I started two TeleCheck threads. (maybe cuz i'm still a newbie). anyway, here's the other one that chronicles and updates the rest of what happened with TeleCheck:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra...php?s=&threadid=53715&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

(I wish every thread had a beginning, middle, and end.)