Nordstrom Requirements

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Mega, Aug 10, 2003.

1. Mega

Mega Member

I applied today online for a Nordstrom VISA. They pulled Experian and said they'd contact me in 7-10 days.

My Experian is totally clean, with 10 year credit history, 17 positive TL's, 2 inquiries, and 15% utilization. My only negative is one paid state tax lien (public record) currently reporting from about 6 months ago, it shows entered 2/2003 and paid 2/2003 in the amount of $600. My actual Experian FICO is 695.

The Nordstrom VISA said that if I don't qualify for the VISA, they'll automatically consider the request for a retail card.

My question is -- How difficult is it to qualify for either of these two cards, and do you think I'll make it under either criteria? Thanks in advance for any info.

2. tc

tc Active Member

I got the store card with a $2k limit with a lower score and 1 unpaid collection - call the customer service number and they can probably tell you on the phone if it was approved and what your limit is, they told me the same day. Happy shopping!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

For customer service inquiries e-mail us at visa@nordstrom.com or call 1-888-242-1008. For reporting lost/stolen credit cards call 1-800-935-4210.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Platinum Visaâ? 
    Tier I 8.15% Tier II 11.15%
    Tier III 15.15% Tier IV 19.15%
    -----------------------------------------------
    Retail 21%

LOOKS REASONABLE "IF" YOU QUALIFY FOR TIER I (8.15%)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

If you do not qualify for a Nordstrom Platinum Visa credit card we will consider your request an application for a Nordstrom Retail credit card.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Please send me mailings

Please omit perfume mailings<-----MANY GET SICK BECAUSE OF THE PERFUME...THIS IS NICE OF THEM TO OFFER "OPT-OUT" FOR PERFUME

Please omit lingerie mailings<----DON'T DARE "OPT-OUT" OF THAT!!!

Please don't send me any mailings