Nordstrom Visa Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Y.M., Feb 1, 2001.

1. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Has anyone been approved Nordstrom visa online instantly? If so,what's your limit? It's easy to get? Thanks in advance.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

No annual fee, 25 day grace period and 17.49% APR. Did not see where they mentioned instant approval? www.nordstrom.com

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I was turned DOWN. But that is the usual with me an retail cards....lol

roni

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Store card or Visa, was there an instant decision?

5. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

I have the Nordstrom Visa card, and I'm quite pleased with it. I applied online, but there was no instant approval. When I received the card, I called and had no problem getting my interest rate slashed to 9.9%. This is possible because the Nordstrom Visa card is not an affinity card. Nordstrom has its own federal savings bank and issues the card itself. They also have a private label store card, but Nordstrom isn't known for reasonable prices. I'm more of a Target and Wal-Mart gal.

I have excellent credit, so I'm not sure how difficult it can be to get. According to my credit reports, they pulled Experian. I will attest that the customer service is great.

6. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Doug,roni and Doris,thanks for your responses.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

RE: Question for Doris K.

May I ask what kind of limit they gave you Doris. I remember your postings on your outstanding credit limits. Just wondering because it looks like a classic visa, not a gold or platinum.

8. Doris K.

Doris K. Well-Known Member

RE: Question for Doris K.

It's a classic Visa, but I have a $10,000 limit. It's my newest card, and I've not yet had it a full year. Also, I haven't yet received a credit limit increase, but I really don't need or want one. I applied for it just after I told that pathetic excuse of a subprime bank in prime clothing, FirstUSA, where they could shove their rip-off card.

Nordstrom has been a nice change. I'm not sure how easy it is for most people to negotiate an interest rate cut with them, but it's usually not that difficult for senior citizens.