not credit related but..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by arthur, Feb 22, 2001.

1. arthur

arthur Guest

This is not credit related, but I am very curious about the insurance company esurance (esurance.com) does anybody know if they are legit? I know alot of insurance companies pull credit reports (like progressive) to rate you...but they do not...and their rate was much much cheaper then what I am paying with geico, almost 35% cheaper...does anybody have any feedback on the company...or know where I can look to find some?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Insurance companies now can access your credit report to SEE HOW YOU DRIVE...WHAT A CROCK!!!

:(

DON'T GIVE THEM YOUR SS# (make them work harder)

I know nothing about the company, but the web site has 24 hour online help, and toll-free number. You could call for written information to be sent to you e-mail or "snail-mail"

3. arthur

arthur Guest

yes, quite a few do access your credit profile...my credit is bad, and I got quoted $837.00 for 6 months at progressive for a 2001 dodge neon (im married, and 26) a married friend of mine whom is 25, but has excellent credit put in the same info for a test for me..and they quoted him (progressive that is) $423.00...

go figure

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

State Farms.

Let me tell you. Everyone is pulling credit reports these days except STate Farms and they are offering the best rates now. I would give me a call.

roni

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE PERFECT CREDIT (too much of it so I have been told) but I still CAN'T see how a credit report would have any EFFECT on how anybody drives...

:(

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: State Farms.

I will have to remember STATE FARM...I gave my insurance company a CEASE AND DESIST NOTICE about pulling a credit reports. I pay the bill in full BEFORE COVERAGE STARTS,
    NEVER HAVE BEEN LATE, NEVER HAD A
    CLAIM, TWENTY PLUS YEARS (MULTIPLE CARS AND REAL-ESTATE)...

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

State farms is great. Alot of people are unaware of their new lower rates and they do auto financing and refinancing now.

roni

8. mvfl

mvfl Guest

I had Geico for the past 4 years. They have to be the most expensive out there. I still don't understand why I stayed with them so long. Just this week I switched to Allstate. My 6 month premium with Geico was $1034 - and my deductible was $500. With Allstate my 6 month premium is only $520 - and my deductible is only $100. My rates dropped in half on a MUCH better policy. By the way, Allstate pulls credit too - they pulled my Transunion report (which is my worst - several derogs but no lates in the past 6 months) and I passed with flying colors - I almost fainted when she said I came back clear on the credit check. I guess they're not too strict on the credit. Geico never pulled my credit back when I signed up with them, but every time I threatened to change insurance they'd remind me how insurance companies pull credit reports and that if I have bad credit I'll end up with just as hi premiums. What a crock!