Not paranoid--Lucy...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Mar 30, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

FYI, the credit bureaus found a way to get around credit repair companies by using the 'frivolous' clause as a way to avoid investigating our disputes.

Fortuantely, not many of us have had to face that obstacle and most of us dispute month after month without many road blocks.

Paranoid? I dont think so. I feel that Experian and Equifax could easily start sending out those letters in response to our disputes. Of course we would fight it. But that would just prolong our dispute process unnecessarily.

Those are the kinds of things I think about in this credit repair process. The feds are always changing the rules---new FCRA 1998. I would hate for them to start using sites like this and Polls at motley fool to prove that Consumers are abusing the system.

AT this point we are getting over big time. That is a good thing and not a thing to brag about.

OF course you are welcomed to disagree.

roni

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Excellent point, Roni.

By the way Christine at Bayhouse has posted the new 2001 FCRA amendments
    planned by the FTC.

Interesting stuff.

Marci

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

BTW. I just voted.

unethical (which I do think it is unethical) but I would do it....(which I do)..I voted for Bill Clinton...

roni

4. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

I do not disagree with you Roni. I am even new to this dispute process. So far I have only gotten 2 TRUE things removed. But I am just beginning to dispute. However, I agree with Lizardking, I don't think the FTC or CRAs are monitoring TMF or this site.

I have learned a lot from you folks and I hope to have a better FICO score in the next year or so. I see people on here with Bankruptcies on their record from 1998 that have a MUCH higher FICO score than my husband and I have.

I guess I have a lot to learn.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: BTW. I just voted.

And If I see Your Poll On 20/20, I am coming after your butt...lol

Bye.

roni

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

my point.....

I think consumers have come along way with Credit reporting. We no longer have to worry about reaging of accounts and we can get account off 6 months earlier than the actual charge off dates due to the new laws.

But I believe everything that goes up must come down and we are riding high now. I dont want the boat rocked.
    I am on my last rounds of disputes as long as I dont mess up somewhere else.

Everyone else I am worried about. Junum is new on the scene. What if 20/20 decides to do a story on credit repair companies? They are desperate you know. Have you seen some of their stories lately. Not to mention Dateline.

roni

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Re: my point.....

I know, Roni.

NBC quotes Bankrate.com *all* the time. Another message
    board (not related to credit) that I participate on was cited as an
    example in a major national magazine - complete with quotes from various
    screen-names on the board. I was very surprised.

Marci

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Now you see there.

I know what I am talking about. You know I have good instincts. Lets can this subject off the board. IF it stays on this board we are all labeled as bad credit people. AT least not braggers. Fico may declare are our scores a fraud b/c we blab about how me manipulate the scores. They have been screaming this for years.

roni

9. Len

Len Guest

Re: Now you see there.

Know what you are talking about? Hmmm...

10. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Len

What the hell is your problem? There was a dispute between others. Why are you jumping in when it doesn't concern you? I've never seen you post here, so why are you trying to cause trouble now? Is it really necessary?

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: Len

No it is not necesary. This newbies are crawling out of the woodworks. Thank you LKH for the little support I have tonight.

roni