not paying credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angel, Jun 4, 2000.

1. hkolln

hkolln Well-Known Member

Nothing Butch, forget it!

I found out what I wanted to know and thank you Lbrown for answering and correcting me.

I have no more need to keep this thread going as it's so old. When I originally replied (A few days ago) I was replying to a post dated 5/9/03. I never looked at the original post of year 2000. When the posts are responded to they come to the top of my message list and I did not scroll thru to the original post and look at that date. I was mearly responding to a reply dated 5/9/2003 which was a reply to the thread. I was NOT responding to the original post dated 2000!

Whew!!!!!!!!!!

2. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

A thread is only as old as its most recent post. This was a very interesting thread, and dealt with a real human situation and genuine human emotions. HKolln responded with good intentions, and learned about the statute of limitations to boot. Meanwhile, a few hecklers tried to derail the credit discussion by focusing on the totally irrelevant issue of age.

Some of the best Creditnet contributors gave some good advice in this post. It deserved to be read by more than the 30 or so who read it originally, including me. Those who wish to thank someone for bumping it can thank me.

3. wajaba

wajaba Well-Known Member

Thanks, Rich. Speaking of bumping older posts, I was looking for a thread from a year or so ago concerning breast implants, but couldn't seem to find it. It was very, uh, revealing.

Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

wajaba

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

1*Meanwhile, a few hecklers tried to derail the credit discussion by focusing on the totally irrelevant issue of age.
    2*Some of the best Creditnet contributors gave some good advice in this post. It deserved to be read by more than the 30 or so who read it originally
    RichGuy
    ==================
    What is the significance of dredging up a 3 year old post? keepmine
    1*Perhaps keepmine and the other fence builders will now see the significance
    and lock the gate instead!
    2*That is why you can't post some things once and forget it.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59

5. tinaboo

tinaboo Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: not paying credit card

Try and work out a reasonable payment plan. I had a MC with a $500 limit. I time came when I couldn't make payment. So late fees turned into overlimit fees. When I was able to make payment through a payment plan, the amount I would pay didn't even cover the late and OL fees. So I just stopped. They made threatening callsl and then they turned it over ot a CA> Long story short, that $500 limit turned into at $1,700 judgment. Last year I purchased a home and before then I had to pay that judgment. So try to pay something, even if it is $10.00 a month. Some day if will come back and haunt you.