not so happy with amex any more:-(

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ero2, Aug 23, 2003.

1. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I applied for delta classic, I was pretty sure it would be denied but did it anyways figuring I could reallocate my CL from optima plat and open up this account. I got the 5-7 days crap. Next I called them up and said I am pretty sure my app will be denied can I spin off 5000 form optima plat and make it delta skymiles and they said sure. Well, they immediately took away the 5,000 but denied me for the card. I am trying to call for reconsideration but new accounts is closed all weekend. I called CS from my optima plat and got 4 people from India which I could not understand what they were saying for the life of me and after asking them to repeat things about 10 times, I said thanks and hung up. I am just mad and had to vent. I am going to TRY to convince them to add that 5,000 back to my optima plat so I can have a balance carrying card again, and just be done with the amex cards I have and apply for no more. I think I am now a credit card addict:)

2. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

I guess I may have tried to get too involved in the process:-( My dad also flies delta all the time and said for a guy like me(6'1 and 280lbs) that AA is better anyways as they have ALOT more leg room and are usually easier to get flights with points with. So citi AAdvantage here I come, as soon as their website is working again:)

3. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

aa just put in more seats per plane might want to check that info.....

4. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

really? so your pretty happy with delta willgator, I know you have the delta platinum? maybe I should just work harder on reconsideration, instead of just applying for another card?

5. willgator

ERO 2 THERE IS A LINK TO GET 20,000 MILES WITH UNITED APPLICATION IF YOU WANT IT E MAIL ME ....

I HAVE FLOWN THEM ALL, LIKE DELTA, ATA WHICH HAS NO CARD, CONTINENTAL, AND UNITED , AND QUANTAS.

6. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

and you don't like AA even with there MRTC

http://www.aa.com/content/urls/moreroom.jhtml

That is what I was referring to as far as more room since I would be flying coach. It seems to me willgator that delta is the best deal for racking them up because of the always double miles at gas supermarkets etc, would you agree, since no other airline card allows you to rack up points this fast.

I already have the link for the 20,000 I have just heard that because this card is FUSA, Bankone that it is not that great and CS is not the greatest either, but absolutely correct me if I am wrong because 20,000 is great to start off with.

7. willgator

A lot of people dislike first usa, but I love bank one always great cs when I call 2 cards with them

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

CALL NEW ACCOUNTS MONDAY AM...

9. ero2

ero2 Well-Known Member

well if you and GEORGE both like united and first usa then maybe that should be the one I get?