NOTE: Creditnet monitor

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by CCN steve, Jan 21, 2003.

1. jimbob

jimbob Active Member

Re: Creditnet monitor

welcome and keep up the great work on this forum.
    The information that I've received from the members has been very helpful in cleaning up my/our cr's.

2. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

Welcome Steve :)

I wish you luck, hopefully we won't be to rough on you ;)

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I really like the new "INTRO" on the Big 3. Will make it alot easier when you are pinning other posts up there.

4. Touchdown

Touchdown Well-Known Member

Thanks for the great post. Looking forward to returning to the glory days!

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Welcome... and good luck ;)

6. cinderella

cinderella Well-Known Member

Bienvenidos Chivo!

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Rite it sure makes it a lor simpler to direct fokls on how to find them

8. goldnmist

goldnmist Active Member

Welcome, CNN Steve!

9. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

I am glad to hear that someone monitors the board.

Welcome Steve !!!

10. tea

tea Well-Known Member

Welcome to the family Steve!!!

11. MiamiBlues

MiamiBlues Well-Known Member

Steve,

Welcome to the board. Your introduction was excellent. The best of luck to you.

Best regards,

Manny

12. nvbonedoc

nvbonedoc Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board Steve!

NV Bone Doc
    Member of the 650 Club

True health comes from within

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THANKS FOR THE "EXTRA" CREDIT...

:)

Kudos and gratitude are extended to Marie, Lizardking,
    George, LKH, breeze, Saar, George, PsychDoc, NanaC, dogman, marci, KHM, Nave, whyspers,
    Momof3, MP$40, DaveLV, fla-tan, Pat and so many others!

14. boywonder

boywonder Well-Known Member

Yeah, what George said. Welcome to the board, Steve. I'm already admiring your handiwork with troll control. kudos.

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Its a pleasure to meet you CCN Steve! What a great frame to move forward!

The Dogman also appreciates your comments - THX!

aarfff - dogman

16. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

It's so nice to be remembered! ;)

Way better than being dismembered....

Seriously, welcome to the board Steve! I'm impressed with how quickly things have smoothed out here and I like the new upgrade as well. Please continue to spare us from the fully animated emoticons. :)

17. erosado

erosado Active Member

Welcome to the board, CCN Steve!

I was a regular poster some time ago and this board helped me get my life in order, not just my credit, but all other facets of my life that were being affected by my credit mistakes in the past.

Welcome and I hope to be around a lot more to enjoy the changes that transpired while I was away.

Erosado

18. CCN steve

CCN steve Moderator

Hi, Creditnet:

I wanted to post a note regarding a personal policy that I've found to be quite useful here -- namely, I won't discuss one person negatively with another. Here are a few reasons I'm mentioning that:

Shortly after I arrived in January, a Creditnet member sent an email asking me to ban someone who "never makes sense and doesn't use the quote function properly." When I answered that neither behavior violates our Terms of Service, I was met with profound disappointment.

Another member asked that a fellow member be banned because "they spam with self-serving lengthy novels." Yet another demanded that another member be permanently suspended because "they always answer with just one or two words." Somebody else asked me to enforce a new requirement that would prohibit writing in all-caps since that means "they are yelling at everybody." Another asked that I ban those who "regularly recommend [another site]."

Another Creditnet member expressed that she felt personally insulted when a new member disagreed with her and wasn't polite about it. "Newbies shouldn't be so disrespectful," this member wrote. "It's clear that this person should be banned because they are a source of misinformation and will be nothing but trouble forever. Take my word for it, Steve." When I answered that I reviewed the postings and that I could find nothing that violated our Terms, she redirected her anger and wished me ill using some pretty strong language. :(

More recently, I received email from someone who invited a friendly conversation between us and then offered negative opinions regarding another Creditnet member. Bottom line: I'm not going to interact that way. If a member demonstrates a specific TOS violation, then I will take specific action. Regardless, I can't participate in behind-their-back conversations like that.

Thankfully, most Creditnet members submit specific abuse alerts when they write. Some of these alerts have resulted in warnings, bans, and even suspensions. Of course I won't always report back about the actions I've taken, because I value every member's right to privacy.

I want to end with my thanks for your understanding. If I ever disagree with what you report, that certainly doesn't mean I have any personal problem with you whatsoever. I've learned that this task is sometimes a tough one and that it isn't one which will make everyone happy all of the time. I know I'll make mistakes, but regardless I'm endeavoring to be fair and unobtrusive despite tough and often conflicting arguments and choices.

Best,

CCN steve

19. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Ah, you're doing a great job! Trolls are executed in a timely manner, and the really BAD threads are closed and moved to feedback when necessary. Keep up the good work!

20. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Somebody else asked me to enforce a new requirement that would prohibit writing in all-caps since that means "they are yelling at everybody.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WHAT??????????????????

THEY NEED TO GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I personally think that CAPS are easier to read...BUT THEN I'M ALWAYS WRONG!!!