Now I'm mad

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by eddie, Apr 4, 2001.

1. eddie

eddie Well-Known Member

Bank One has been reporting a charged off account with a balance due to equifax for years. I disputed this back in november and it was verified even though it had been paid in full in 1998. Last month I redisputed as not mine. Again it was verified this time showing the full balance owed and a payment of 175.00 past due. This morning I called Bankone direct and they verified to me that the account was indeed paid in full back in 1998 after it had been assigned to a law firm for collection. Now what gets me really mad is that I can verify with the creditor that its paid but equifax who claims to have verified it on at least two occassions cant get it right. I called equifax and they could not care less only saying that they would start another dispute as not paid. What now?

2. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Same Situation

We are in the same situation. I too in interested in advice on how to proceed.

Mike G.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Same Situation

Now what gets me really mad is that I can verify with the creditor that its paid but equifax who claims to have verified it on at least two occassions cant get it right. I called equifax and they could not care less only saying that they would start another dispute as not paid. What now?

They coulden't have varified