Now what Roni

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Nov 22, 2000.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

After reading Pat's repsonse to your question, it has me thinking that if I put a big stink about my limits not being shown, will they take my account off all together?? Not sure what to do here, I did draft my letter to experian and I am waiting for statements so I can attach, but wondering if it will do more harm than good??

Mom

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I dont agree with Pat. I dont think Citibank would lose a customer over this. They may not change it, but I dont think they would take it off our credit reports all together. He was basing his opinion on a collection account. Ok.

roni

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll send my letter as soon as I get my statements:)

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

And..........

As I said before, I smell a rat. Why is my credit limits clearly on my equifax report. The problem is with citi and experian. Capital lies and gives the cb high balance amounts. Citi just leaves it blank. They have not worked out all the kinks yet. They told equifax my limit. Maybe they are in the middle of the change over, or taking some heat as in the article.

roni.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: And..........

Yes I think something is fishy too. I really didn't like what that article implied either, b/c it seems IF citibank gets their way than no agency will report our limits, then I will just go nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mom

6. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

I missed the post about the article. Where can it be found? Thanks - Alwilda Smith

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

11/19/2000 - citibank rep

go to 11/19/2000. Titled

"To Roni, this will explains why we dont report credit limits"

roni,

8. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

Everyone seems to be worried that if all CC companies stopped reporting limits, it would cause us all problems. If this was the case, then the banks would be loosing a lot of customers because of credit scores that are lower than they should be. They aren't gonna let that happen. The cc companies will either report the credit limits (except for a few) or--not so--fair isaac would have to remove the percentage of available credit from the formula.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am not concerned with that. I am concerned with my own situation. I have 2 capital one cards and 2 citibank cards and neither are reporting my true credit limits to experian.
    roni

Marvin wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Everyone seems to be worried that if all CC companies stopped reporting limits, it would cause us all problems. If this was the case, then the banks would be loosing a lot of customers because of credit scores that are lower than they should be. They aren't gonna let that happen. The cc companies will either report the credit limits (except for a few) or--not so--fair isaac would have to remove the percentage of available credit from the formula.

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Roni:)

I had posted our problem at Bayhouse and a poster told me they had the same problem with Experian and Citibank, they said they sent their statement higlighted the limit and requested that Experian report this, they said it took a couple tries but eventually Experian did comply and posted their limit:)

Mom

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Roni:)

hot damn, Mom, I thought that would work. See there. Mine is going in the mail tomorrow. I have both of my statements already. Damn i already mailed in payments.

roni

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Roni:)

Let's hope it makes it there by our first or second try:)

Mom

13. sph

sph Guest

RE: Roni:)Solution!!!!!!!

Call experian.Dispute the credit limit by phone! I have done it with Platinum Select and both AA cards.Updated with-in 10 days!

14. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

great sph

So they did this the first time your requested it?? and it remains on your report?? If so that is great, I will be calling ASAP.

Mom

15. sph

sph Guest

RE: great sph

Yes, and so far it has remained on all three accounts!

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thank you sph.

thanks for sharing your info. I was planning on trying that. I am glad you told us all that it will work. I will call Experian on Monday. Happy Holidays.

roni