ny residents, 5 yr reporting

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by hhh329, Nov 8, 2001.

  1. hhh329

    hhh329 Well-Known Member

    Well, so far so good. I now have 1 item left, a paid $100. collection that's due to come off in 2/2004.

    Paid collections are reported for only 5 years in the state of NY, so if I'm a resident, would that remove this last derog in Feb?

    So folks, what's the best way to do this? I have a sister in NY. Should I write a letter/or phone the CRA and tell them of the move and have them update my current address? ..then wait for the derog to come off in Feb?

    Or should I just apply for credit with the address in NY, and since family's restaurant is in my name in another state, I can use that Income?


    GEORGE Well-Known Member

  3. hhh329

    hhh329 Well-Known Member


    I don't care about getting approvals, I'm interested in getting my current address in the state of NY to be on file. If I document all sources of income, I would have to name my employer, which is not in NY.

    In a nutshell:
    I'm wondering what is the best way to have the CRA acknowledge that I do reside in NY, so when it's time (schedule to come off in 2/02 if NY resident), it would be removed from file.

    The way I see it, applying for credit w/ the updated address is the best way to put that NY address on there, but then that would work for only one CRA. Guess I could look up millcbs for the others..

  4. ohnostuck

    ohnostuck Well-Known Member

    Does it matter where you live now? I thought that was based where you lived when the debt occured. But, I don't know much :0)
  5. Momof3

    Momof3 Well-Known Member

    If you apply for a card and use a new new york address, most likely this will not match up with your current credit report , therefore they would request address verification.
  6. hhh329

    hhh329 Well-Known Member

    So if I wanted to do it this way, I'd have to notify all accounts of the change of address.. ayeyay yay..

    Guess it's back to disputing..

    GEORGE Well-Known Member

    I think you would have to put in change of address for ALL accounts, and get a NY driver's license...

Share This Page