Obtaining a Mortgage

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by joe, Apr 6, 2000.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

When you apply for a home loan, do banks go back further than 7 years on your credit application? Also, what carries more weight with banks, have a good payment history on a automobile loan, or a credit card??? FYI my automobile loan is with a sub prime lending company (First City Auto) will this look bad on my credit report? Any thoughts appreciated...

Thanks..

2. Michele

Michele Guest

Joe,

I just got my mortage and I had a repossed car, a bunch of collections and 3 good lines of credit. I had NO PROBLEM!! The only thing I had to do was pay off my collections and my repossesion! I went with CTX mortgage corporation. I built my house with their sister company Centex. I did a 30 year conventional loan everything went really smooth. I close in 49 days on my brand new house!! Good Luck Joe!!

3. Eric

Eric Guest

You should check your credit reports to make sure that your auto loan lender is actually reporting you account. Many sub-primer lenders don't.

I had to take out a note with a sub-prime bank while I waited for some stuff to clear off my credit report. I made perfect payments for four months to Superior Bank that was never reported to the CRAs.

Fortunately, I was re-financing with a prime bank anyway, but that's four months of good history on an installment loan down the drain.

4. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info