Obtaining Credit Reports

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Darrell, Jul 24, 2001.

1. Darrell

Darrell Member

What is the best way to get reports from the big 3 CRA's? E-mail or by phone?

2. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

They work about the same way, I did the online thinger and it sent the 3 way by mail and allowed me to view the Equifax one online. By mail, they just send them all to you.

3. Darrell

Darrell Member

So I can order them online and they will mail me physical copies? Is that the best way to get them to Lex or will they look at them online?

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I got my tri-merge report from www.confidentialcredit.com after following a link on the Lexington website. It was just a little more expensive than ordering the three separate reports, but it got here quicker and I was able to get started sooner.

5. Darrell

Darrell Member

I hate to sound stupid, but what is tri-merge? Is that all three reports together?

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Yep. It tries to match each tradeline and shows you what each agency has for each account.

7. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

DaveLV, when you ordered your tri-merge from confidentialcredit.com, did that generate a hard or soft inquiry on your reports? I know that consumer originated inquiries are supposed to be soft, but as we know all too well, that's isn't always the case.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF YOU GET A "HARD" for requesting your own credit report...DISPUTE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

9. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

It's soft on Experian and Equifax. Very difficult to tell on TU.