Odd EQ FICO 26 point score jump

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DemPooches, Aug 18, 2003.

1. DemPooches

DemPooches Well-Known Member

EQ FICO jumped 26 points today from 714 to 740. The only difference, and I checked line by line was an AU for Citi. This TL was opened and closed for the limit to be combined with an existing account.

Didn't know the AU would have been reported because they didn't ask for the AU's SSN on the app.

This took the TLs from 35 to 36, 5 with balances and utilization at 5%.

The new TL is reporting as closed, 0 high credit, 0 balance.

One of the negative reason codes before the jump was too many bankcard accounts.

That reason code is gone now.

FWIW

DemPooches

2. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

That's just crazy. I've used www.myfico.com to pull all my scores and on one report, I get a positive for having 32% utilization of available credit. On another report, with the EXACT same 32% utilization, I get a negative. Go figure.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

F.I.C.O. IS A FRAUD

4. Trilivonel

Trilivonel Well-Known Member

My is F.I.C.O. a fraud? I just ordered my scores and couldn;t understand a 117 point difference between Experian and Equifax.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Odd EQ FICO 26 point score jump

CLARIFY--THE F.I.C.O. "SYSTEM" IS A FRAUD

6. Trilivonel

I'm still kind of lost. Does the FICO score really mean anything?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Odd EQ FICO 26 point score jump

YES IT MEANS SOMETHING...

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Potential lenders will usually review your credit report and use various methods to determine your credit risk. In other words, they will determine your ability and likelihood to repay debt. In the 1980s, Fair, Isaac and Company devised a mathematical model to predict the credit risk of consumers based on the data collected from an individuals credit report. Today, the Fair, Isaac (or FICO®) system is the scoring model most widely used by lenders.

For over a decade, Equifax and Fair, Isaac have offered businesses the BEACON®
    FICO® score, making it the score most used by lenders. In 2001, Equifax and Fair,
    Isaac gave consumers access - for the first time - to their FICO credit score with the
    launch of Score Power®. Score Power® demystifies the credit score by telling you
    what your score is, explaining how lenders may interpret your score and giving you
    ways to improve it. The score ranges from 300 to 850, with a higher score indicating a lower credit risk. For a score to be calculated, your credit report must contain at least one account that has been open for six months or more, and at least one account that has been updated in the past six months. Fluctuations of a few points from month-to-month are common.

9. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

It means consumers are victims of a shell game.

10. lbrown59

F.I.C.O. IS A FRAUD

GEORGE~~A.K.A. RODNEY DANGERFIELD
    ==============
    George have you ever heard anyone else say this???????????????
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''

11. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Posters often distinguish between FICO and "FAKO," obscuring the truth that FICO is ultimately FAKO.

FICO scores have no consistency, meaning, or justification. They do have a purpose, but nothing that FICO or the banks ever want to mention in public.

12. Amy B

Amy B Well-Known Member

Look Sheep and Gator, now I have a reason to get more cards!! lol

13. lbrown59

Posters often distinguish between FICO and "FAKO," obscuring the truth that FICO is ultimately FAKO.
    ==================
    Exactly
    AS fico is one of the biggest lies ever fostered off on the consumer.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    Click here: Financial thugs favorite tricks

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/advice/20030620a1.asp

14. Trilivonel

Does that mean that the FICO score isn't not important? Or is it just another reason to deny a person credit or justify a higher interest rate?

15. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Exactly!!! Why the disparity and all 3 bureaus have the exact information?

16. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

The FICO scores that we pay to see and what the banks see are 2 totally different numbers. That's fraud.

17. lbrown59

1*Does that mean that the FICO score isn't not important?
    2*Or is it just another reason to deny a person credit or justify a higher interest rate?
    Trilivonel
    ===============
    1&2*
    It's important because they use it to fleece you with bogus overcharging.