Off-topic,mail Service

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by brad, Jun 16, 2001.

1. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Does anyone else have a problem with the speed of the U.S.Postal Service?I think the topic is relivant as so far as a lot of us are waiting to see things happen as soon as possibile with our dealings with C.C.,C.R.A"S,ect.My last C.C. was sent first class mail from 1000 miles away,and it took the, "Pony Express",8-days from the postmark to deliver it.

I don"t find that at all satisfactory.
    Maybe it"s just my pet peeve?

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I recently had an experience with the USPS and so I will only use overnight with UPS. They misrouted my overnight papers for my house...it was frightening..and when I called, their 800 representatives were so very rude! It cost more with UPS on the next set of papers but they were so prompt, polite, and early on delivery!

Now, I ship alot of packages by USPS..using media mail of all things..and have no problems..but for urgent stuff, I'll only use UPS!

3. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Rule of thumb is to always send cc payments 10 days before they are due to allow time to mailing and posting.

Better yet... I pay them the day I receive them.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Me too! the ones I can't pay online.

breeze

5. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

I sent a payment from New York to South Dakota. Payment was due on the 15th of this month. I sent it on Saturday June 7, and by June 13 (a Wednesday) the check cleared my bank account. So I have never had any problems with the postal service. (YET)

BTW, I sent it so late because I forgot! But it got there in time. I was really worried. I actually called the CC Company to ask if they had received payment yet. They told me that they did. I was relieved.

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Ever notice the higher the the postage rates the poorer the service?

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, LB...nice to see you post again!

8. lbrown59

Good Luck On Your Closing

9. fingrrrl

fingrrrl Well-Known Member

Did anyone think it might be their postman or woman? I know mine is insane and loves to hold things of mine. Most things I order over the internet have a tracking number that shows me that my package always arrives at my hometown post office 1-2 days after it shipped. Yet it never fails that the package never arrives to my front door until at least a week after that. I always complain but am told that it's not their fault since there's so much mail that comes in. True, but the town I live in is not THAT big and also I know for a fact that my postal lady only deals with my street and the two adjacent, about 120 houses. Come on! Oh well...just venting.

10. lbrown59

I have had a lot of things disappear in the mail :
    Dropping something in the mail is like throwing it into a botemless pit ;you wonder if it willever be seen again!

======= ============ ========

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I know of someone who got tired and just took everything home..when they moved, the landlord found piles of mail in the closet..

scary!