Oh My God Oh My God Oh My God

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by amdforever, Sep 15, 2003.

1. amdforever

amdforever Member

I checked my equifax credit score...........just three days ago I turned 18..............

Well, I have a score. I am an authorized user on one secured visa that is overlimit.

MY CREDIT SCORE IS SIX HUNDRED EIGHTY FOUR.

Is that not........decent?

Just think what it will be when I wipe out that measly $250 balance on that card!

2. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

That's a pretty fair score to begin with. If you can take care of that account and get one or two of your own, you should be on your way. Personally, I think it's good you found this site at such a young age. It'll help you get a better understanding of how the system works more so that the typical 18-20 y.o. will have. Was that the only think reflecting on your report?

3. faztcobra

faztcobra Well-Known Member

Also, was it just over the limit or past due? So long as it doesnt go past due, I don't foresee any major issues.

4. amdforever

amdforever Member

With this score, can I go to apply for any major credit card and expect to get it, or am I still in the realm of retail cards and secured stuff?

If I go to citibank.com and apply for some random card, should I expect rejection?

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You MIGHT be approved for a card with an ANNUAL FEE like CITIBANK AAGOLD (OR AASILVER) "IF" you can find it...

The only way I got CITIBANK PLATINUM SELECT was with AASILVER and AAGOLD (BDD)

6. StarStuff

StarStuff Well-Known Member

I got Citibank Platinum Select through a pre-approved mail offer in 2001. It was the only Citibank credit product I'd ever had. I think it just depends on the marketing promotion of the moment.

It's good advice to read a lot on this and other credit boards and find out how the system works before you dive in. Plastic is very seductive and it's SO easy to get carried away. It puts the whole shiny world in your hands, and the "pain" (payment) is so divorced from the immediate gratification that you don't make the mental connection.

Read how many of us are now struggling to correct past mistakes; read how many of us went through our 20s and 30s trashing our credit and how much pain and embarassment it's caused. It's a long road back.