oh they just screwed the pooch!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by holis, Sep 12, 2003.

1. holis

holis Well-Known Member

I have a certain CA that has 8 old medical accounts of mine. Sent DV letter 1 - they call me asking for money and only send computer printout back as their "validation" Sent 2nd letter and I get more printouts from them - same computer generated crud. Sent Estoppel letter out - they signed for it on 9/8. OPen my mail today and I now have 6, yes 6 letters from them saying that :

"due to your situation, OC FROM HELL, has authorized us to extend a special offer agreeing to accept 50% of the balance as settlement. This is for a limited time only. We must receive $xx.xx which is 50% of your obligation, in this office on or before 9/21/2003 or the offer will be void."

I am just amazed at these people. I asked earlier here if I should send ITS or wait and go through the whole process and let them rack up violations!

Well - they are now pushing 20 violations!

ANyone here had success with small claims and medical CAs? or would they likely just deleted upon receiving ITS?

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Anyone here had success with small claims and medical CAs? or would they likely just deleted upon receiving ITS?
    holis |
    ===============
    did you know you can still sue even if they delete?

3. holis

holis Well-Known Member

on the basis of them trying to collect the debt?

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"SEND ME A CASHIERS CHECK FOR $500 AND I WILL FORGET ABOUT THE ITS LETTER"

5. holis

holis Well-Known Member

$500 - even though we have them on something like (DW just informed me of ) 30 counts of FDCPA violations?!

6. lbrown59

NO:
    On the basis that the penalty is one thousand dollars for a violation not one deletion!

7. snakeman

snakeman Well-Known Member

Point here is to get a deletion. Drop the ITS.

But what if.....

They reinsert it afterwards?

I always wondered what would happen if I got to that point with a CRA. The day before court they agree to settle for a deletion. But then the CA sends them the info again. I bet it could happen.

Just thinking,

SnakeMan

8. holis

holis Well-Known Member

was planning on putting a clause in the ITS letter to cover that aspect.

9. lbrown59

< 1*ANyone here had success with small claims and medical CAs? or would they likely just deleted upon receiving ITS?
    holis

Point here is to get a deletion. Drop the ITS.
    snakeman >>

1*Would be no differen than with any other CA.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """"```--~~~~~~~~~--```'""'''
    http://teamhouse.tni.net/Misc/bestphotos2003/bestphotos.htm