oh yeah

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Apr 15, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

My Capone limit is now $400. Yeah, in two years and four months my credit has amazingly gone from $200 to $400.

2. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

I've been pretty lucky with CapOne. I have 3 cards from them with a total limit of $1100. Not a lot, but some better than you have been able to do.

I always pay off all the cards in full each month, and that help a lot, I think

Bill Bauer

3. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Use Planet Feedback. It works. I got a $100 increase, and upgraded to a Gold card. I used PF, called the Customer Advocate, and he doubled my credit limit to $600 and lowered my APR to 17.9%. My credit sucks pretty bad, so that is a good step!!

Dustin

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I agree completely about Planetfeedback.com. I received a Cap 1 gold card in Feb. I called the day I got the card. It had a 0% apr til Sept. and then went to 18.9%. I got them to reduce the go to rate to 15.7% before I even activateda the card. They told me they would give me a credit increase after I made my first payment. I called back after paying and was told they couldn't do anything for me. I wrote through Planet Feedback and was told to call the consumer advocate at Cap 1. He gave me a $300 increase at that time. So, write to cap 1 through PF, tell them that you've had this account for over 2 years, no lates or overlimits etc. I bet you'll have another $300 increase by the end of next week.

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

max it out, then pay it down

So far I've gotten $2,100 limit in 6 months. Going for another one. I was just trying to show my high limit. They act like they're trying to stay ahead of me.

breeze

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: max it out, then pay it d

My wife has two Cap 1 accounts, total cl $2200.00 and mine was just increased to $1000 from $700. I did turn down a 5-1 additional secured deposit to cl increase.

Calling does help, I tried the general number that is on the back of the card.

My strategy is to pay down our Cap 1 accounts and leave them at about 15% for 2-3 years. Goal is to improve our FICO

Best regards,
    Sam

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Author: Mirage (athm-64-232-xxx-172.home.net)
    Date: 04-16-01 05:51

My strategy is to pay down our Cap 1 accounts and leave them at about 15% for 2-3 years. Goal is to improve our FICO

Best regards,
    Sam
    Reply To Message== Do you see what's happening here?

Fico is a tool used to make lots more money for creditors
    not as a means to determine if you are credit worthy!

Why should you have to pay them 2 or 3 Yrs.insterest in exchange for them not damaging your credit rating??????

Sounds & works like the old mob protection racket except now it's been legalized:!

The F requent I nterest C ololection O pportunity

should be outlawed!!