Ok, How about this?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, May 7, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

In the mail today, I received a card from Consumer Credit Services with a credit line of $6500 for catalog merchandise. There is no annual fee, no APR and you can get cash advances.

Funny thing is, I NEVER requested this. It has my name pre-printed on it and a sticker that has the activation number to call on it.

Do I call them and tell them that this card should not show up on my report and if they pulled my credit report tell them to remove the inquiry?

The card is a First National Card. Never heard of them.

This is pretty wierd.

Thanks,

2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% positive here, but this sounds very much like a scam that went around about 2 months ago. I'm pretty sure the concensus was to STAY AWAY from this..

As far as them doing an inquiry, I'd check your report for it.

Just my (limited) memory.. :)

3. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Do I call them about it? Or just check my reports for the inquiry?

Thanks.

4. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

I'd check the reports first.

I suppose calling them at the same time wouldn't hurt, just to make CLEAR that you've declined the offer.

5. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member

I think it is a scam

This sounds just like something that went around a few years back. They imply you get a visa or mastercard if you pay their fee. What you really get is their own gold card with a high limit but you can only use it to buy from their catalog. Everything there is grossly overpriced. No one would actually buy anything from them so you realize you just got scammed out of your fee. For example, I can buy a name brand 19' color TV almost anywhere for under $200. They will have a no name 19' Color TV for only $600. They want $200 down and will let you pay it off over a year. Only a fool would do it.

6. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Re: I think it is a scam

I received this offer last year. Never bothered to call.

I do know that it did not show up as a hard inquiry. I would not even bother to call as they may tag your account as a "live fish".

Just cut the damm thing up and thrash it.

Best regards,
    Sam